Suggestion selecting forums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
W

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Is there a way you could fix it that we could ignore an entire forum? Like clicking on something so I don't have to view the singles or solo diving forums when I view new posts? Also the ones that don't want to view the DIR forum can choose to etc.

Wendy,
Right now the best we can do is make forums opt-in which has its own set fo draw backs. In the future hopefully the software vendors will provide a utility to let us make opt-out forums in instead of only opt-in so you could exclude certain forums as you see fit.

Wendy, as of this morning, the solo forum is opt in only with a strong disclaimer to agree to.

The Singles are now a club and not a true forum.

BUT, Tech Admin and I are working on a way to "opt out" of some forums, but the software does not yet support it. We will keep you posted on the details.

Wendy - this is a great thing here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t63244-.html

The only problem is that because Pete and the folks insist on 'blessing' us with all these wonderful new forums all the time, you keep having to go into IE and update the bookmark. (Humble suggestion, Pete - sometimes there is too much of a good thing...)

Because there are so many new forums popping up all the time, that list there is already out of date. To find a forum number, click on the forum and take note of what the last number is in the url. That's the number you have to then add to the excluded list in your bookmark.

NetDoc:
Boogie,

we would rather encompass the whole of diving than just a little bit.
I'm very glad that this is the attitude on SB - I think it's why a lot of people are here. IMO the people who usually complain about the addition of new forums already have their own places to play - their own interests covered. Often you see very basic philosphical disagreements about diving completely destroy otherwise interesting threads. If creating new forums to separate things like Solo diving and DIR, or as is being suggested at the moment DIR and Hog gear configurations leads to less flame wars, how can that be a bad idea?
I agree that the ability to opt out of a forum would also be useful - but if it can't be done yet then the script that Boogie posted a link to works fine. Not all people want to know about diving in Japan, or Texas, or Alaska and I fear many of them are totally mystified by the threads by sharks & fins etc all about kidnappings! It's great that this board has places for everyone though, because it's obvious that some people are interested in a wide variety of things.
(just my 2 yen)

Wendy:
Is there a way you could fix it that we could ignore an entire forum? Like clicking on something so I don't have to view the singles or solo diving forums when I view new posts? Also the ones that don't want to view the DIR forum can choose to etc.

On a similar note, is there any way to put your "favourite" forums at the top of the page, so we don't have to scroll all the way through looking for the one's we're interested in? I know I can bookmark them, but I like the current home page view - except for ordering them....

Ta

At this time there is no way to reorder forums, we are of course hoping this feature is added in a future update of our software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom