Setting up new Apeks system - hose ?'s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoBlue!

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello-

I've got a new ATX200 & it's now time to order some replacement hoses. This is going to be my 1st long-hose setup, and I'm excited to get it together.

First, I'm diving BP/W, single-tank only at this point.

I've read several posts, and the 1/2" hose is NOT a big issue in my mind. If I'm going to travel to remote locations, I'll get another 1/2" hose to travel with. So, I don't plan to plug the 1/2" port at this time & go with all 3/8" hoses.

Now, I've read that some have done the following: 1) put the backup necklace on the standard "primary" 1/2" hose that comes with the reg (mine measures about 27" I guess); 2) get a 7' x 3/8" primary hose to run off of the other R-side LP port (that had yellow hose from factory).
Questions:
1. Does the 27" seem unwieldingly long? I know that the only way I'd find out for sure is to just dive it, but if I'm ordering a bunch of hoses (I'm going to setup my wife's system also), I'd rather just bulk order all in one delivery....
2. I haven't taken off the 2nd stages yet, but is the ATX200 2nd stage a 1/2" connection & the ATX40 a 3/8" connection at the stage itself? That is, am I going to need an adaptor on each of the 2nd stages if I switch these?

Thanks,
Jim

The second stage thread is standard across almost all scuba regulators, with the exception of some earlier Poseidon models (and probably a couple of other older regs I'm not aware of). The 1/2"-3/8" difference is purely at the first stage.

Yes, I think the 27" hose for your backup on a single tank is going to be too long for you. Try it and see, but I would recommend a shorter one. 22" or 24" should be good.

Back
Top Bottom