Seven Mile Beach - 1st Week Oct!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO, it does not make sense to pay for guided shore dives when one could go boat diving for near the same price. The boat (wall) diving is much better than even the best shallow shore dive.
Night diving is a different issue. It's equivalent shore and boat based.

Had dinner tonight at macabuca, and I checked Sundiver's rate board. They list only guided night dives. Three groups of about 6 each went out while we were eating, so it's certainly a popular night dive. I've done it only during the day. I know that DiveTech will do it anytime as long has they have someone free to guide the dive.

FYI, here's a video tour of the Cracked Conch, Macabuca, and the Turtle Reef Shore Dive:
https://youtu.be/vVs_NRnWYc8

Doctorfish's advice is sound. Especially if traveling with a nondiving spouse. Get in your morning two tank boat dives and enjoy the afternoon and island with your spouse.

The water is extremely clear and in some areas particle/stuff free. We were actually warned on the North Wall to watch our depth on descent.

The water at Big Tunnels was so clear that I could clearly read the Scubapro "S" on the safety stop reg hanging by the bar - about 80' above me.

For videos there's Dive365Cayman.com or IdiveCayman.com - same content - hundreds of them.

FYI, here's a video tour of the Cracked Conch, Macabuca, and the Turtle Reef Shore Dive:
https://youtu.be/vVs_NRnWYc8
Ha! Diving right there off the restaurant.... how cool is that! I'm heading there Sept 9 for a couple of weeks. I'll be trying Cayman University divers for the first couple of days then may continue with them or move around.

If you are diving there, make sure to say hello to Olin Miller who owns the dive op. He is a bit of a crusty old school Caymanian but is an interesting person. He has been involved in the dive industry on GC forever and can tell some great stories. Ask for a tour of his compressor room. It's the nicest I've ever seen. You could eat off the floors.

If you are diving there, make sure to say hello to Olin Miller who owns the dive op. He is a bit of a crusty old school Caymanian but is an interesting person. He has been involved in the dive industry on GC forever and can tell some great stories. Ask for a tour of his compressor room. It's the nicest I've ever seen. You could eat off the floors.
That is good to know. I believe a clean and organized workplace says a lot about how an organization operates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom