shallow solo question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have a tiny supersharp stiletto on one wrist attached to the bottom of my computer. This is more for the possibilities that may arise when diving from resort head boats with groups of strangers.

I have a similar tool for solo hiking in Detroit.

About half my diving is solo and I am considering adding a latex tubing necklace to my primary reg like I have on my backup so I can strap it around my head. My thought is that if something happens, at least my regulator will stay in my mouth. Military dive with head straps for the same reason.

When I do a reg switch I always use the necklace on my backup like a head strap. I also have a 30 cu ft pony with me regardless of depth.

Reactions: r4e
My rules for Solo Diving:
*Always tell someone where I'm diving and when I'll be back.
*Never dive with faulty/ shotty or unfamiliar gear.
*Always have a backup (pony bottle ,twins, stage bottle)
*Do the homework -know the site, hazards and conditions.Have an Emergency plan.
*Know my limitations ( Honestly asking myself am I feeling well. Am I up to the dive).
*Never Dive while under the influence (Alcohol, Drugs, Mother-in-law).:D

The above are rules I use when Solo Hunting as well except in drier conditions (usually).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom