Shark attack, Egypt, Brothers islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

29ECB56A-3A4C-41D8-AC3D-DCDE36F1D170.png
29ECB56A-3A4C-41D8-AC3D-DCDE36F1D170.png

Attachments

• D3D630ED-5049-458C-9201-873866BCFED9.png
    D3D630ED-5049-458C-9201-873866BCFED9.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 76
It is a statement not comparison, culling in Australia did not decrease the number of the shark attacks, i.e. culling is useless. I am not a native English speaker, let’s use arguments instead of semantics.
culling is sad, disgusting and very hard to justify. it does however work in certain circumstances

Someone uploaded this just couple of months ago.
When I see videos like this, I also support the decision to give a break until a strategy figured out.

These guys are lucky no one was hurt. Especially a guy with yellow fins towards the end of the video.

Someone uploaded this just couple of months ago.
When I see videos like this, I also support the decision to give a break until a strategy figured out.
many of the divers need a break until they can learn some basic skills... that has little to do with the shark looking for a snack.

When you find yourself "walking" down the back of a shark, generally it's bad ju ju, been there

It is a statement not comparison, culling in Australia did not decrease the number of the shark attacks, i.e. culling is useless. I am not a native English speaker, let’s use arguments instead of semantics.

Culling in Australia didn't decrease the number of attacks therefore all culling is useless. There is a name for that argument, and that name is Faulty Generalization.
-- Proudly brought to you by Non-native Speakers'R'Us

culling is sad, disgusting and very hard to justify. it does however work in certain circumstances

I disagree. No evidence I’ve seen supports culling. Just gets the wrong fish shark and everything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom