Shark bites liveaboard guest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you summarise these replies? Not all of us have the time to read lots of references (we have slow internet connections here).

QUOTE=deco_martini;3408943]Are you really worried that I might somehow magically ban cageless chummed tiger sharks or are you just another JASA apologist?

Shady dive operators are everyone's business.[/QUOTE]

Before folks get to bent out of sort over comments by deco martini on this post or previous posts, keep this in mind:

1. folks may lie about their experience/credentials in their personal profiles on scubaboard (deco martini has such limited info so I am not saying he or she is lying)
2. deco martini may be Jim's most least successful competitor in the shark diving community
3. deco martini may just be an e-agitator :D
4. Deco martini may be a 9 year old with no scuba experience.
5, Deco martini may be the most experienced shark diver ever.
6. Deco martini may be the director of NUMA (regrets to Clive C.)
7. Deco martini may be this summers most favorite drink! (a worthy goal:crafty:)

What is the "free speech" about anyway when you do not have to truly identify oneself - this is not the right to free speech, but the right (?) to anonymous speech:shakehead: Just keep this in mind when reading this stuff. The deal is, we just do not know enough info to render an opinion given the required level of verification. This may be just my "bad" but in reading these post folks seemed to be getting stressed out, 'course this may just be me not appreciating entertainment.

To be clear - I have nothing against deco martini, certainly have no knowledge of who this is, nor would ever wish him or her any harm or even a bad day -well maybe a bad hair day. I'm simply highlighting the hazards of board posting on the internet to remind folks that when the requirements for folks to register require such lack of detail/proof of identify, PLEASE keep in mind what you are reading if your blood pressure climbs....

To deco martini, if you are the scuba "god" (little "g" of course), please excuse as this is definitely not meant as a slam to you (gosh, I'm going to scuba hell aren't I :surrender:....)

:eek:fftopic:
O.K on topic: I have dove with Jim and found his knowledge of sharks impressive and his love of diving inspiring. For the thousands who have dove safely with him on sharks dives (hope I'm not shorting your numbers here Jim), I believe that they share a similar experience.

I may be who I am, but I'm not sure. There is a question of space aliens in my ancestry :D.

Where is the Spansih Inquisition when you need them!:spaninq:[

They have used the pic several times, it is not Markus Groh. I first realized what those guys were all about when they complicitly reported the news about the guy that was bit by a bull off freeport. He sued his resort for not warning him that shark feedings were taking place at shark alley. However, shark alley fed reef sharks and not very close to shore.

There also made a "sin of omission" by reporting that a journalist died on a shark feed dive in their shark feed timeline. I researched it and found that the journalist died for the same reasons one could die on any dive and it was not related to the type of dive.

To deco martini, if you are the scuba "god" (little "g" of course), please excuse as this is definitely not meant as a slam to you (gosh, I'm going to scuba hell aren't I :surrender:....)

I've never claimed to be anything more than a recreational diver. In the scuba pantheon I would probably be a worthless peon. :wink:

Do I need a college degree or a magic number of logged dives to say that taking unprotected children on cageless chummed tiger/bull dives is plain wrong?

:wink:

I've never claimed to be anything more than a recreational diver. In the scuba pantheon I would probably be a worthless peon. :wink:

Do I need a college degree or a magic number of logged dives to say that taking unprotected children on cageless chummed tiger/bull dives is plain wrong?

:wink:
Tell you what, I have the degrees, the magic number of dives and the decoder ring to boot, not to mention first hand experience with the unpredictable behavior of Bull Sharks and I agree with you on that score.

BTW: My son and I were diving off Kona last week, we saw a Tiger and made a slow and dignified exit of the water.

Tell you what, I have the degrees, the magic number of dives and the decoder ring to boot, not to mention first hand experience with the unpredictable behavior of Bull Sharks and I agree with you on that score.

BTW: My son and I were diving off Kona last week, we saw a Tiger and made a slow and dignified exit of the water.

Interesting. Now here is the kicker, I bet if we picked a random non-diver guy off the street and had him use "google" that he could find enough scholarly info to make the same conclusion. :wink:

Interesting. Now here is the kicker, I bet if we picked a random non-diver guy off the street and had him use "google" that he could find enough scholarly info to make the same conclusion. :wink:
Are you saying that its just common sense? And here I thought it was skills and knowledge developed over a half century of diving. Aw shucks.

It turns out that there are no magical number of "regular" dives that qualify you to speak on this subject. You have to have dived at least 50 shark baiting / feeding dives (or 5 with JASA) or your opinion is worthless. You just don't have the experience to know anything about the safety of diving with baited sharks until you have had a few dozen circling you. Until you've have lost a camera, an arm or your virginity to a shark - post on another thread. You are not worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom