Sharm El-Sheikh F.A.Q.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow this board is great, sorry im a rookie i guess.

Considering Dahab before i got on. Sounds like I was spot on. We are looking at DIVE URGE has anyone heard anything? The seaview chalets are 40 GBP/nt per couple, sounds reasonable.

Myself and the ol lady are going for about 10 dives (Dive Urge quotes 450GBP) and I wanted to query the board for the 'best' spots or 'must sees.' I like to see fish or wrecks. Calm waters and no washing machine effect. Any recommendations?

What else besides diving is in Dahab? Is it far ride to Sharm? Thanks for the help.
450 GBP for 10 dives? That does not sound very cheap, I pay less than 370 GBP for 7 nights at the hotel plus 10 dives when Im going to egypt next sunday..

450 GBP for 10 dives? That does not sound very cheap, I pay less than 370 GBP for 7 nights at the hotel plus 10 dives when Im going to egypt next sunday..

Second glance it IS high comparably-speaking. The diving in Bali was about the same as DIVE URGE.

Who will you be diving with?

Oh, I also neglected to mention that the price for 10 dives is for TWO divers (20 total).

So 225GBP apiece. Either way, if anyone knows a better place Im all ears.

225GBP sounds about right for 10 dives each..
450GBP for 10 dives per person as I thought you meant first would be a reason to find somewhere different to dive..

What is better a Liveaboard or Resort? I've heard that dive sites are overpopulated with divers and it seem that a liveaboard might be better.

Wayne

What is better a Liveaboard or Resort? I've heard that dive sites are overpopulated with divers and it seem that a liveaboard might be better.

Wayne
The same sites are visited by daily boats and liveaboards. That's valid for Tiran and Ras Mohamed. Things differ away from these 2 areas. Liveaboards help you do the Dunraven on a early bird dive, reach the Thistlegorm before others, and sometimes do a night dive over the wreck (conditions permitting).

Sheikh Coast diving from the Savoy Sharm is 10 days for 300 EGP per person and two dives a day. The thistlegorm is extra as its an extra dive etc. plus any gear you need ontop of your own there is a charge to a max 20 EGP per day.
This looks quite reasonable to me, have anyone used them?

We use these people Millenium Divers :: Home they are based at the Sharm Plaza formerly Crown Plaza, this year we stayed in Naama Bay and they picked us up and bought us back every day, excellent dive oufit and they have Middle and Far Garden dive sites as their house reefs, also all the other sites Ras Mohammed, Tiran, Thistlegorm etc, ask for Ahmed or Shawlky.

Thanks for this great thread. We're heading to Sharm in a couple weeks and have some feelers out for a couple of the groups mentioned in this thread.

Any suggestions on a suit? 3-4mm? Full or shortie? If full, hoodie as well?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom