Shearwater Cloud Open Beta now available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same F vs C display errors as BenjaminF

While I see this as useful to apply firmware updates without a computer, I find the program itself pretty inferior to Dive Log which I have been using for a few years. Dive Log presents the dive info in a much more clear and organized way and requires much less scrolling to get to data. SWC is a good start, but it has a ways to go to be competitive - glad to see they are trying and the mobile firmware updating is worth the install on it's own.

I also see a bug where the max dive listed on the main dive screen does not match the max depth listed when you open the dive itself. Also, in scrolling the dive graph, I never see the max depth ever being reached - no such issue on Dive Log.

View attachment 403356

View attachment 403357

View attachment 403358

The Shearwater Cloud App also doesn't get the Computer right? It shows it as a Perdix, while Dive Log correctly shows it as a Perdix AI.

View attachment 403359

Again, I applaud them for creating this - but still lots of growing to do before I'd consider switching to it as my log program.

Have you figured out how to transfer data from Diving Log over to the new app?

Have you figured out how to transfer data from Diving Log over to the new app?
No - I just bluetoothed the same dives to both programs. Dive Log is a better app to me - I have no plans to use Cloud for more than firmware upgrades at present. It would be a downgrade to move from Dive Log to Cloud in it's current release. Maybe with future releases, I'll feel differently - but why move when Dive Log does what I need?

Sync features from cloud to desktop is currently not possible. I've been informed via Shearwater that this is something that is in progress. I agree that at this stage moving to cloud when you already have lots of data on the desktop version would be redundant and even perhaps, unnecessary. Still, down the road and provided everything will sync correctly, mobile cloud would be the preferred method for tracking, logging and sharing data. I honestly can't see lugging my laptop from dive site to dive site. One almost always has their mobile phone with them though. Notes, larger screens (eg. iPads and larger phone screens) make viewing and editing site notes simple.

My questions for those following, is where to consolidate that data? SSI mobile? Shearwater Desktop (when avail)? Some other? On the activity tracker side of things, there are 3rd party apps like Strava and MyFitnessPal, and TrainingPeaks that conveniently consolidate GPS, nutrition, and activity into one place. Might the dive community be heading this way? I've found that the GPS detail on the SSI App for iOS to be quite poor and unable to locate many sites both large and small.

Lastly, does anyone have any experience yet in syncing the Shearwater Cloud data across multiple iOS devices? I've found that Location, Site and Dive Notes are not correctly sync'ing from on device to another.

Thanks!

I installed it, loaded logs into it, upgraded firmware, and everything looked good. Temperatures came up in F and looked right. This is with a newish non-AI Perdix.

I went to the Cloud tab and hit Register. I use a password manager (1Password), so I went to 1Password to generate a login with a strong, unique password and copied the password to the clipboard. I came back to SWC and tried to paste the password, but it would not allow me to paste. So I registered with a crappy password that I use all over the place instead. I would really appreciate it if the password fields allowed pasting so that I could use my password manager and make my account more secure.

That said... Great job! I'm very happy for this app.

I had no trouble with the iOS app syncing with my Perdix and grabbing all the stored dives. I also use 1Password and agree that not allowing users to paste in the password (for signing into the cloud from the iOS app) is a unnecessary PITA. At the least they should permit using the fingerprint sensor to sign in.

Also, after verifying my Cloud registration from my desktop computer ("click this link to verify your email"), I found that returning to the cloud website and logging in did nothing but show a message indicating where I was logging in from:
"Logged in with IdentityId: us-east-xxx-xxxx-xxxx"

I was really hoping to see my dive logs using the desktop browser. Is the Shearwater Cloud website not ready for prime-time?

Glad the app worked for downloading my log and updating the firmware since I can't use my Win7 pc with the AI.

I don't think the firmware update should run if the current firmware on the Perdix is already the latest.

I don't think the firmware update should run if the current firmware on the Perdix is already the latest.

You want to be able to overwrite the current firmware, in case the firmware download is corrupted.

as a very active instructor I log 300 or so dives a year. I put a lot of info into my Shearwater Desktop. Until I can sync the desktop info to the cloud, the cloud is almost useless. I'm not entering all that data on my phone!

I also load the data from Shearwater Desktop over to DivingLog 6.0. Much better and detailed info than shearwater (like tank pressure, calculated SAC and more).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom