Shearwater Perdix AI dive log: starting/ending tank pressure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Clark Fletcher

The Galileo Luna records beg/end air pressure that is visible in the computer dive log. I assume the G2 does as well.

I haven't found my question answered in the user manual. Is there a setting so that in the dive log one can see the starting/ending tank pressure? I know I can get it when I upload the log to my computer.
I am trying to remember the dive log as whether it has a data sheet saying time depth max depth ave depth and then the plot of the dive. I want to say that my aeris had that but i dont have the
shearwater AI model just a petrel 2. , 1 and predator.

I’m wondering what you would do with that data as well. The fact the DC records it means it wasn’t ‘missed’ for me.

Kind of like an ascent alarm, it tells me to slow down but not how fast I’m going.
With that logic, why would you be able to view any dive log info on the Perdix at all - yet you can. To me, it's odd that they added a feature but did not add the collected data to the log you can see on the DC itself.

While not supercritical, it would be a nice feature to see the start/end pressures when you don't have access to the dowloaded log on your PC or phone - e.g., looking at tanks fills over time or a quick check on consumption. Not a big deal - but it would be nice and I would think, rather easy to implement?

Last edited:
I am trying to remember the dive log as whether it has a data sheet saying time depth max depth ave depth and then the plot of the dive. I want to say that my aeris had that but i dont have the
shearwater AI model just a petrel 2. , 1 and predator.
Since then I have suggested this feature to Shearwater

I dive a 7+ year old Oceanic VT3, the computer dive logs do not show average depth, beginning and end pressure. This information is available only when you download the dive computer.

I noticed the the Oceanic VTX does include this information in the computer dive logs
upload_2017-10-5_12-28-58.png
upload_2017-10-5_12-29-9.png

Even my Scubapro M2 has it, it's an essential information to have in your logbook (did you ever see a log book without the exit pressure?), and since the Perdix AI has the "AI" there's no sense to not have it directly aboard: I may want to easily check this data right before the next dive(s) without having access to a pc/tablet/smartphone.

I dive a 7+ year old Oceanic VT3, the computer dive logs do not show average depth, beginning and end pressure. This information is available only when you download the dive computer.

I noticed the the Oceanic VTX does include this information in the computer dive logs
View attachment 429154View attachment 429155
The Perdix AI already has LOTS of info viewable in the onboard dive logs:

i-RhZH6nc-S.jpg

i-3XRGrKq-S.jpg

i-mTmX7wq-S.jpg

...So why not add the AI pressure related info (and gas(es) used)?

This is on our list, but we can't give a date yet for the firmware release. We are working hard on the Cloud Desktop, and the Cloud Desktop will provide this information.

Bruce
Thanks - great to see you participating here and listening to customer feedback. Just trying to make a fantastic product even better!

This is on our list, but we can't give a date yet for the firmware release. We are working hard on the Cloud Desktop, and the Cloud Desktop will provide this information.

Bruce
It's really great that Shearwater participates in the conversations on SB. I wish some other companies would do the same, Scubapro immediately comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom