Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pullmyfinger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in another thread, but I just saw this posted on FB.
I know some are interested in ai from Shearwater, so I figured I would post this.

-Mitch

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1479114977754.jpg
    FB_IMG_1479114977754.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 934
There have been a few posts about the Perdix AI in the last 2 days here on ScubaBoard. Even a YouTube video showing the new Perdix AI and cloud based log book service. All the posts quickly disappear. I will be interested to see how long this one lasts.

PerdixAI.jpg

Awesome. That transmitter looks a whole lot like the Oceanic transmitter. I wonder if Shearwater are having them manufactured by PPS and if the Perdix might work with existing transmitters that people already own. That would just be stupendous!

Since DEMA doesn't start until Wednesday, we probably won't hear anything back here, from anyone official, until after they have made the announcement on Wednesday.

Also, what they told you could be considered as perfectly true if the Perdix AI is a brand new model.

As a side note, the DEMA New Products page does list a Ratio Computers air tank transmitter. So, it looks like Shearwater wouldn't be the only ones with a proper tech computer with AI now.

Oh I so do hope it's true, not that I'm in the market for a new AI comp, but more because it'll send the SB Shearwater Scubanati into a frenzy with them foaming at the mouth that their beloved manufacturer has degraded itself into putting AI onto their beloved computer.

Off out to buy some gasoline ready to pour onto the awaited fire :gas:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom