Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome. That transmitter looks a whole lot like the Oceanic transmitter. I wonder if Shearwater are having them manufactured by PPS and if the Perdix might work with existing transmitters that people already own. That would just be stupendous!

That would be really great, I have several Oceanic transmitters

AI on a Shearwater? That's impossible. It can't happen. We were told by the experts here on ScubaBoard that Shearwater would never try to sell more computers by delivering a feature many divers wanted. The said the Shearwater business model was to limit company sales and growth by allowing others to capture the AI business from THOSE divers.

What is coming next??? Maybe split-fins and an Air2 won't really kill you? My world has been turned upside down...if they were so wrong about this...what about backplate and wings? Maybe people can dive without them...

It almost makes sense from a product differentiation perspective. The can continue offering the Petrel 2 for those who don't want AI. With the Perdix aimed at least partly at the recreational market, AI seemed inevitable.

The SportDiver article says they will be available for purchase starting Nov 16, from the SW dealer network.

IF that's true, then there must be at least a few dealers who are already well aware of this. In which case, it is pretty impressive how quiet everyone has kept this.

I wonder what the price of a Perdix AI will be compared to a regular Perdix. And, of course, what the price of a transmitter will be.

It almost makes sense from a product differentiation perspective. The can continue offering the Petrel 2 for those who don't want AI. With the Perdix aimed at least partly at the recreational market, AI seemed inevitable.

Or they could drop the non-Fischer Petrel 2 and just have Petrel 2 w/Fischer, Perdix, and Perdix AI. Any reason they would keep selling the Petrel 2 that doesn't have the Fischer connector?

The SportDiver article says they will be available for purchase starting Nov 16, from the SW dealer network.

IF that's true, then there must be at least a few dealers who are already well aware of this. In which case, it is pretty impressive how quiet everyone has kept this.

I wonder what the price of a Perdix AI will be compared to a regular Perdix. And, of course, what the price of a transmitter will be.

It's already on the DGX website, for $935, transmitters cost $350. I hope the transmitters are PPS and compatible with the ones I already have. Shearwater Research Perdix-AI Dive Computer

Any reason they would keep selling the Petrel 2 that doesn't have the Fischer connector?

For us minimalists. No extra connectors, no AI. I would imagine omitting a connector would keep the cost lower, too.

It's already on the DGX website, for $935, transmitters cost $350. I hope the transmitters are PPS and compatible with the ones I already have. Shearwater Research Perdix-AI Dive Computer

NICE! I looked on their website last night and they weren't there then. That is awesome.

For us minimalists. No extra connectors, no AI. I would imagine omitting a connector would keep the cost lower, too.

Why a Petrel 2 instead of a Perdix, though?

And DGX says the transmitter also works with Oceanic and Hollis. It IS the same!

Did you talk to them to learn that? I can't find that info on the web page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom