Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I almost feel bad for the other manufacturers.....Shearwater is going to own the mid and high end computer market with this.
Nah. A lot of brand loyal people won't switch. I will. Lol

announcement still up on the facebook page, might just be you can't order one till after dema

Interestingly, the Perdix AI has now disappeared from the DGX site and the link above no longer works.

Hmmmm....

I just had to check my calendar to make sure it really is November and not April 1.

The transmitter is still on the Perdix page, but the Perdix AI is not currently there, as it was earlier today

Probably cant order it until the official announcement is made didnt this happen with the perdix in the first few days of it being leaked?

It's actually refreshing to see a scuba related thread on SB more active than the stuff in the Pub

That's kind of what I figured. But, the SportDiver article said they are supposed to be available on the 16th. I figured DGX having them up today meant that people could order today and receive on Wednesday.

Oh, well. Not like I'm ordering any too soon anyway....

I have written to Shearwater and asked if there's any chance the Perdix could be firmware upgraded to become a Perdix AI. This entry from the AI FAQ makes me think it's a long shot, but I figured it would be worth asking:

"There are only a few differences between Perdix and the Perdix AI.

The Perdix AI is capable of connection with a transmitter to display air integration information. The Bluetooth chip is Bluetooth Smart as opposed to Bluetooth Smart Ready. Additionally there are extra reporting features in Shearwater Desktop specifically for the Perdix AI such as displaying the tank pressure throughout the dive, your SAC rate, as well as Gas Time Remaining information."

I, too, just bought a Perdix not too long ago. I'm loving it, and don't require AI. But the option would be cool. Can't hurt to ask...

I, too, just bought a Perdix not too long ago. I'm loving it, and don't require AI. But the option would be cool. Can't hurt to ask...

This is where I'm at, too. It'd be a "nice to have" but I don't have a burning desire for it. I got a deal on my Perdix so it'd be an extra $500 just to have AI...pass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom