Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought the Perdix AI yesterday evening. I was able to pair it with both of my MH8A transmitters from Hollis. I can post a picture when I get home from work tonight.
Interestingly I have been unsuccessful in pairing my new Perdix AI with the Shearwater desktop application.
With my old Perdix I would use the dongle it came with to pair it with my Macbook Pro and if work flawlessly.
Now I notice that the Shearwater site states that you shouldn't use it on a Macbook, go figure.

The Eon, automatically brings up the Serial number. However you need to make sure you do it in isolation otherwise you're in the same boat trying to read the SN to double check

I always thought that was a silly, if not potentially dangerous, way to pair.

It's a joke by all manufacturers. I was needing to re-install windows, the code was even too small for my 15 year old to make out. In the end we went the tried and tested way of taking a picture on the phone and zooming in. Who decides the Point size of a font anyway?

HAL?

I always thought that was a silly, if not potentially dangerous, way to pair.
I wouldn't say it was silly, nor dangerous. After all 99.9% of people are going to pair before they go diving. The only time it's been of an annoyance is when I was adding another cylinder (I'd unpaired by mistake). Unfortunately I was on a boat with 4 other Eon users so got a page full of TX serial numbers. But that's one of the reasons I write the last 4 digits on my TX. The other of course is because I take them off (via QD) to make sure I put the right one on the right tank - although I also have different coloured tapes on each as a real idiot check.

Interesting. My Galileo pairs automatically by bringing it next to the transmitter. One idea re small font is to put the SN on a P-Touch labeler and stick the label on the transmitter. These labels survive diving.

I take a digital picture of the transmitter and zoom in on the numbers.

I wouldn't say it was silly, nor dangerous. After all 99.9% of people are going to pair before they go diving. The only time it's been of an annoyance is when I was adding another cylinder (I'd unpaired by mistake). Unfortunately I was on a boat with 4 other Eon users so got a page full of TX serial numbers. But that's one of the reasons I write the last 4 digits on my TX. The other of course is because I take them off (via QD) to make sure I put the right one on the right tank - although I also have different coloured tapes on each as a real idiot check.

I guess I was thinking about less-experienced people using this stuff. At least stories I've heard.

Interestingly I have been unsuccessful in pairing my new Perdix AI with the Shearwater desktop application.
With my old Perdix I would use the dongle it came with to pair it with my Macbook Pro and if work flawlessly.
Now I notice that the Shearwater site states that you shouldn't use it on a Macbook, go figure.

David,
Perdix AI now uses Bluetooth low energy (LE) unlike the Bluetooth Smart Ready used on Perdix and Petrel 2.

Perdix AI is supported by the new release of Shearwater Desktop v3.0.8. Mac users need osx 10.10 Sierra to support communications Perdix AI. On our community page check out the post "Shearwater Desktop 3.0.8 Certificate Issues" for instructions on how install on a Mac running Sierra.

regards,
Steve

David,
Perdix AI now uses Bluetooth low energy (LE) unlike the Bluetooth Smart Ready used on Perdix and Petrel 2.

Perdix AI is supported by the new release of Shearwater Desktop v3.0.8. Mac users need osx 10.10 Sierra to support communications Perdix AI. On our community page check out the post "Shearwater Desktop 3.0.8 Certificate Issues" for instructions on how install on a Mac running Sierra.

regards,
Steve
Thanks a million Steve,

My Perdix AI is pairing perfectly and is now ready for its first test tomorrow morning at the Blue Grotto Dive Resort.
Thank you so much for everything you do to help our diving community.

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom