Shearwater Perdix Oc Tec Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwllorens

Registered
Reaction score
I recently got a Perdix and I love it. However, I have a question about the OC Tec layout.

The NDL displayed in the bottom right can be customized to display other information once the NDL has been surpassed as it would otherwise waste screen space.

But what about the stop time/depth in the upper right? Isn't this space wasted during the time before the NDL is surpassed?

Why didn't shearwater place the NDL in the top right and just replace it with stop time/depth once it reaches 0? Then ppO2 on the center row could be moved to the bottom right where NDL is currently and the entire center row could be made configurable.

Is there a reason it is not this way? I only do recreational dives, but I prefer the OC Tec layout to the OC Rec layout, but don't like how stop time/depth stays blank for all the diving I do and is essentially wasted space. Seems like the OC Tec mode would be more appropriate for all types of diving if set up the way I described, but maybe someone can tell me why it is better the way it is now for technical diving?

Just saw your post. Probably done for a less cluttered screen. I dive in OC Tech mode and just added the timer. You can see everything else by pushing the right button during your dive. Left button, push until you access the timer, turn timer on. At the end of the safety stop you can turn it off and there is an option to reset it. Works for me.

Shearwater states in their video on YouTube that the ppO2 is located where it is for consistency . There are many helpful videos for the Petrel can be used for the Perdix. You can find them at the Shearwater webpage or YouTube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom