Shearwater Predator OLED versus UEMIS SDA OLED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael,

any news on the recently discussed new feature enhancements (gauge mode, dive planner, etc)

the company website hasn't published any product news in over 6 month....

/daz

Well first impressions of the UEMIS is that its amazing!

Really nice small (smaller than the pics make it out to be) package, just the right size and weight.

I suppose I'm going to have to read the manual at some point really soon but I found the intial setup intuitive and quite easy really, though full disclosure - I do work in IT and do this kinda computer thing everyday!

Cant wait to dive it on Saturday and report back!

Well first impressions of the UEMIS is that its amazing!

Really nice small (smaller than the pics make it out to be) package, just the right size and weight.

I suppose I'm going to have to read the manual at some point really soon but I found the intial setup intuitive and quite easy really, though full disclosure - I do work in IT and do this kinda computer thing everyday!

Cant wait to dive it on Saturday and report back!

Please please please read the manual:D
It is actually interesting and has many nice pictures in it!!!
No, seriously, it does answer about 95% of all questions that pop up on these forums...

Michael I was kidding, I have the manual printed and bound and its my evening required reading at the moment! :D

Any news how the unit performs? I have read some reports of underwater failures and other problems which puts a dampener on the otherwise very attractive product...

Any news how the unit performs? I have read some reports of underwater failures and other problems which puts a dampener on the otherwise very attractive product...

If you're talking about the UEMIS, we have 2 of them and have had zero problems! Get yourself one - I reckon they're the future!

You do need to read the manual and ask questions here if not sure on something, Michael and Scootergirl usually have the answers and resources to draw on if they can't answer it immediately.

To be fair to the Shearwater it does look like a really good unit and if you're a CCR diver they are definitely the way to go right now compared to the UEMIS but we are still expecting upgrades to address this in the future.

If you're talking about the UEMIS, we have 2 of them and have had zero problems! Get yourself one - I reckon they're the future!

You do need to read the manual and ask questions here if not sure on something, Michael and Scootergirl usually have the answers and resources to draw on if they can't answer it immediately.

To be fair to the Shearwater it does look like a really good unit and if you're a CCR diver they are definitely the way to go right now compared to the UEMIS but we are still expecting upgrades to address this in the future.

I have checked them out quite close when they were first released, but subsequently delayed my purchase due to the issues I mentioned earlier. I guess there were some teething problems there which is to be expected, especially from a startup company. But the unit still looks attractive to me and maybe the time has come to relegate my Vytec to the backup... Thanks for your input, it is good news.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom