Shearwater quality control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen those QA checklists in all kinds of products I unbox, and I never paid attention to them other than thinking "that's nice." I do try to inspect the item carefully, though. I like the Shearwater brand, but it wouldn't occur to me to view a Shearwater product differently, or that a Shearwater QA checklist has some special meaning.

Exactly. Shiit always happens with electronic equipment even with the best manufacturers. What sets manufacturers apart is their reaction to issues with their respective products and how they take care of the users of these products. SW is certainly a top tier company but that doesn't give them carte blanche.

Was I missing something in that video? I didn’t see anything.

Big Question: Why didn’t the OP just take it back to the store and ask for a new one to start? Why involve SW service? And us?
I watched the video. I saw no defect either. I did observe that there was a screen protector in place (all of my Perdii have come from the factory with a screen protector on them). If there was a visible defect I would put money on it being the thin protector and not the screen itself. Probably an easy peel and replace effort. Not what one would expect from a $1000 appliance, but I'd do that before returning it.

But no, sometimes SW gets it wrong (I could mention the battery defect endemic with the Terics, but so as to not inflame some folks, I won't), but in my dealings, they seem to want to make it right, more so than virtually any other producer of any consumer product I've encountered in the last couple of dozen years.

It's not like they are a company whose name rhymes with "Tuunso".

Checklist in a box... that's for the manufacture.

I am the checklist when I open up the any box.

I am sure there was nothing wrong with it mechanically.
Maybe Someone accidentally put a finger smudge on the inside,
Guaranteed quality control didn't tilt the screen around at all angles to see it. And probably the screen was on and you can't see it.

But since its junk..
I'll gladly pay the shipping if you send it to me...

I don't know what kind of a drug SW is feeding the cultists but it must be top rated stuff. They totally missed the guy's point. He was merely saying that QA check list isn't always a guarantee that no defects with the product and one should do their own check. Very simple point didn't need all of the intimidation and dog piling that took place above.

I am certain that if it were a different brand piece of equipment, the reaction would have been the opposite. Must be really powerful drug.
It’s the drug know as “amazing customer service” it’s served up with “no hassle product support” if it weren’t so rare it would be addicting.

I'm a drug using cultist, really?
Don't remeber seeing that check box on any of the SW product cards. Or any other mfg card for that matter.
Must be useless.

I don't know what kind of a drug SW is feeding the cultists but it must be top rated stuff. They totally missed the guy's point. He was merely saying that QA check list isn't always a guarantee that no defects with the product and one should do their own check. Very simple point didn't need all of the intimidation and dog piling that took place above.

I am certain that if it were a different brand piece of equipment, the reaction would have been the opposite. Must be really powerful drug.
This is rich coming from you

You calling us SW cultists when we take into the account how much you defend Scubapro
I am also a bit miffled.

I’ll post a stiff remonstrance message after my prayers to St Teric …

PS: Scubapro-sus is an imposter

Really? That's the point of his original post? To tell people to check their product when they buy it?
I was genuinely wondering the point of the OP's post and if it is as you say it is, really was a pointless post. I really don't think you need to tell people to check any product that just spent hard earned money to buy. Especially these nerds here. Lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom