Shearwater Tern and Tern TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this charging behavior common to all charging banks? Is there a fb loop? How does the Teric sense that it's been charged by a bank and not a transformer?

I believe the process is that the Teric gets to 100% and stops drawing power from the power bank. After a few minutes of inactivity, the power bank automatically shuts off.

So, then, even if the Teric sits there for so long that it drops down to 20%, it won't charge up again until you turn the power bank on again.

Side note: On the Teric, there is a setting for Battery/Quick Charge. You should make sure that is set to Off.

I believe the process is that the Teric gets to 100% and stops drawing power from the power bank. After a few minutes of inactivity, the power bank automatically shuts off.

So, then, even if the Teric sits there for so long that it drops down to 20%, it won't charge up again until you turn the power bank on again.

Side note: On the Teric, there is a setting for Battery/Quick Charge. You should make sure that is set to Off.
Tern TX just arrived. Few quick snaps -
View attachment 823025

View attachment 823027

Compared to Teric -

View attachment 823026

Compared to Perdix (main reason for buying as my daughter didn’t like the Perdix size)

View attachment 823028

Will get a play with it over the next few days

No reviews of the Shearwater Tern/Tx yet? Surprising.
I was in a dive shop today and able to look at one. Before seeing it in person I was concerned about screen size, but no longer. Pretty certain the Tern TX will be my next computer.

My watch measures 42mm for reference in the photos, my wrist circumference is 7 inches. You’ll see a red arrow in the TernTX - that’s the floating compass arrow after you leave the main compass screen. Having only skimmed the Tern manual online, I was easily able to navigate through the computer (enjoyed 4 buttons) to find any setting I was curious about.

Attachments

• IMG_8609.jpeg
    IMG_8609.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8610.jpeg
    IMG_8610.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 72
My wife took her new Tern TX on our trip on the Belize Aggressor 3. It worked perfectly. She found it very easy to use and had no trouble with it. She said the screen was “a billion” times better than her Suunto.

Good to hear. Still surprised about the lack of real world reviews. Your wifes is one of very few which i dont get given Shearwaters dominance in the market.

Back
Top Bottom