Sherkston May 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to make light of the hemlsmans abilities (since I don't even know him), if there's at least 4 or 5 feet of structure above the bottom and the bottom is reasonably smooth, then a combination of GPS and a decent fishfinder should put you on or near the wreck. When we did the Marquette last summer, we ran towards the lat/long we got from www.geodiving.com and watched the fishfinder. There was absolutely no doubt when we passed over the wreck and so we were able to be sure we dropped our anchor well clear. The Lottie Wolf is nearly flat on the the bottom (tallest parts maybe 2 feet off the bottom) and even it could be seen on the fishfinder.

TomR, to raise the mooring in Kingston, do you anchor the boats, or live boat and drop divers over the wreck? I had kinda assumed we'd be "live boating" and have packed my safety sausage.

sparky30:
The guy with the most stuff dangling of his multiple D-rings wins :) I'm about a greceful as a pregnant hippo in the water.. but I'm still having fun..
You beat me to the find the wreck issue. I'm not sure about the most stuff clipped on, but diving with my homebuilt video housing, I'm not as graceful as I'd like. Working on it though.

Now guys, lets keep the facts out of this.

Next thing you know we'll be having ZERO fun,......and what fun would that be?

Spark, you ain't even close to that bad!!!!

(Uhmmmm, that was supposed to come off sounding positive.....)

Steve

Scuba_Steve:
Now guys, lets keep the facts out of this.

Next thing you know we'll be having ZERO fun,......and what fun would that be?

Spark, you ain't even close to that bad!!!!

(Uhmmmm, that was supposed to come off sounding positive.....)

Steve

Thanks.. :) LMAO

Scuba_Steve:
Damn that's funny!

Of course it was in front of me :)

Thanks a lot Starfish365! A fellow Wellander......against ME no less.

Actually TomR, you'd be pleasantly suprised with the work Doppler has been doing on me. I was DARN graceful (well, up against the grace of my former dives with him a few weeks ago) in Gilboa. I think he might have even cracked the smallest of smiles when he saw me one-finned, blacked-out mask, swapping deco-gas (with a buddy of course) all the while doing an ascent with no line......well I didn't see one anyways! Did I mention in perfect horizontal trim? (Um, the required was perfect trim, not that I attained it).

Can you say STRESS me out? Oh yeah, my buddy had no fin either.

Now that's some darn fine training you don't get everyday, from every agency!

Of course there's lots more I can't divulge, unless one knows the secret handshake :)

Steve
Hey Steve, this sounds like a skill I had to do in Hell's Hole, except you should tell Doppler to throw a valve shutdown in there. I didn't have a blacked out mask but it was complete darkness with no visual reference. If you want to really spice it up get Doppler to spin you like a M.F.'r while doing the whole thing.LOL

Gator

Maybe someone is taking notes so that all courses are taught this way? IT would be excellent for TDI to up the bar and compete head-to-head with GUE training. That's the best part about Steve's course IMO. He incorporates many GUE concepts (Or at least concepts that are though of as GUE innovations). I feel like I'm getting a very well thought out, very rounded course.

It was a bit of a shame I had to take 2 or 3 steps back in order to move forward, but it was necessary. All in all, I'm much better off for having done so, so in a way, it's no shame at all. I personally do wish I had had a chance to learn some of this stuff before Entry Trimix, but it's good enough I'm getting it now, and I appreciate Steve's patience while I was "catching up".

I'd spill the rest of the beans on the course if I could for you, but I feel it wouldn't be fair to Steve Lewis. Plus I'd butcher it anyways :)

I'd suggest taking his course to anyone, for a "frame of reference" on how tech diving should be looked at, taught and executed.

There's a reason he has such a following, and until I had this frame of reference, I didn't know why either.

Darn fine course Gator. I'm positive you would have enjoyed it thoroughly. And the fun ain't over yet! I'm sure by the time the course is over I'll have somewhere's around a dozen dives in.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom