Sherwood Brut age

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks a lot regarding the replies. I just have zero experience with Sherwood. But I like it. Cant wait to try it out on the Reef. I think it would be a great shallow, warm water regulator, that can survive being on a liveaboard for a couple of weeks with no freshwater washing.
I wanted something simple and I guess this is what I got.
Regarding the upgrade to magnum I guess there is no point, I have always found balanced regulators a little overrated anyway.
But that about different exhausts that is really interesting, I wonder why Sherwood did that.:confused:
Marty :)

I've had several Sherwood regulators. They're decent performers at depth, simple, and reliable. In short, a lot of bang for the buck.

That is great to hear. Thank you.
I guess I should not ask regarding the Oceanic Octopus (in my picture).
But a strange thing though, people say the cover disintegrates (Oceanic Slimline) but I find it flexible and solid.
I wonder if Oceanic has changed it or if they fixed the issue.
Marty :happywave:

That is great to hear. Thank you.
I guess I should not ask regarding the Oceanic Octopus (in my picture).
But a strange thing though, people say the cover disintegrates (Oceanic Slimline) but I find it flexible and solid.
I wonder if Oceanic has changed it or if they fixed the issue.
Marty :happywave:

Basically all soft touch reg covers fail given enouth time, because they have to be both stiff enough to resist current pushing against them and flexible enough to flex for purging. Hard second stage covers last longer but also risk getting jammed from stuff locking the purge button in place.

Like all things there are pluses and minuses with any gear choice, or material choice.

Oceanic regs (which mostly don't have the options of hard, and use soft covers) are cheap enough to be put into rental, then like all rental get beat up and the flexible covers fail, so lots of people notice the soft covers failing. But the covers are cheap enough to replace when needed.

Good point, well lets see if this one lasts. But I have never had an issue with Oceanic and I cannot imagine them letting a quality fault as has been reported to just slip by. I think it is more like what you say. Regardless it breathes fine and will serve the purpose of a Octopus just fine. Plus I like how compact it is since nice and flat against the BCD.

Good point, well lets see if this one lasts. But I have never had an issue with Oceanic and I cannot imagine them letting a quality fault as has been reported to just slip by. .

Well it is worth pointing out that Atomic Aquatics use soft covers too, and their solution on gear sent to the factory for overhaul is to simply replace any soft part that show wear (for free) when they overhaul it.

Back
Top Bottom