Sherwood Luna or Ladyhawk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CHSGrl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just got certified and working on AOW. 5'11" and 165lbs . Looking at the Luna or the Ladyhawk. Used male jacket style for certification and it worked ok for me. Open to any input. Will mostly do East coast (SC to FL) and Caribean diving.TIA

My wife (5'7", 120lbs) uses the LadyHawk. Works great, very comfortable, everything is easy to operate, and ScubaPro has absolutely the best tank strap system (good enough that I replaced the tank strap on my BC with a ScubaPro). The only thing I am not crazy about is that the waist belt is a single pull. As a result, the buckle ends up to one side, and when reaching for it to removethe BC, she has, once, unbuckled a weight pouch instead. I suspect that the waist belt can be adjusted to put the buckle in a more centered position, but I have not yet done this. I prefer the double pull belt on my SeaQuest Balance.

Not to sway your your choices, BUt one problem a lot of people seem to have with standard BC is that they tend to ride up on you. If you are looking at one It would be a good idea to pick on that can have a crotch strap attached to elivate this, Also if your on vacation or decide you want a scooter easy to attach.

If you open to other BC's I would check into Backplate/wings. They are very comfortable and form fitting. There is no cummerbun and they are very modular. Can cost less depending on what brand you go with. My G/F was also looking at those 2 as well as one from MAres I believe Untill a she asked one of thegirls who worked there what she dove. She told her she dove with the Halcyon Eclipse BC. So she tried it on and walked out the store with. Has 50 dives on it and love it.

Single Tank BC Systems | Halcyon Dive Systems

10-Eclipse-System_c400.jpg

Now there other companies that make similiar units(Diverite Transpac / HOG/ DSS? OMS) etc..

I have the Sherwood Luna... and I love it! It is tailored to fit women and you do not feel confined when wearing it.

I've heard lots of great things about the ladyhawk. It was honestly one of my final choices when choosing a BCD. Thank god I bought all my gear from a dive shop instead of online- when i went to try the ladyhawk on, the sizes were so ridiculous. The medium was too small, the cumberbund wouldnt fit around my waist. The large was so huge, the cumberbund could have wrapped around 1 and 1/2 times, the velcro wasnt even touching anymore at that point. You will need to try this BCD on!!!

Thanks for all the input. Ended up going with the Ladyhawk as it fits well (in the store that is). I'll baptize it this weekend on my first wreck dive :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom