Sherwood Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a question for anybody who has a Sherwood Maximus. How do you like the Hose routing under your arm? Do you like it? Love it? Tolerate it? I know the theoretical advantages of having it there to avoid snagging on stuff, but what is it like to dive with? How does it feel? I have a Sherwood Magnum, and have always liked it and it has always been reliable, but I am thinking about upgrading and passing my reg down to my daughter. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks to eveyrone for the responses!
I will avoid the SR1 it obviosly is not what I'm looking for (Bulletproof simple design).

I'm leaning towards the OASIS as I've experienced dry mouth on many occasions and reviews seem to indicate this regulator will help that.

Since my goal was to find some inexpensive units I will have to try and find some older models or slightly used ones.

Remember that any used regulator you buy will have to be serviced. That will add another $100-150 per regulator set above what you pay for it. You may want to check with the place you will be getting your regulator serviced to find out what they charge and take that into consideration. And if you find a used regulator from someone that claims that it was recently serviced, make sure to get a copy of the receipt for the service. You don't want to dive a used regulator that hasn't been serviced.

I still use my Maximus from the mid 1990's. Check out my avatar it has my older Maximus in it. Love it for cold water diving...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sherwood-scuba/234463-sr1-blowing-up-problem.html

I have read the entire thread because I own an SR 1. I dont find anything that appears to make the Sherwood rep unhelpful or uncaring. He answered each question as it came up and dispelled some incorrect information but certainly seemed professional and helpful to me.

I'm not sure that was the thread where I was left with that impression. In that thread too there was dissatisfaction with the way Sherwood handled the problem, though the rep's posts seem OK.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom