shopping in coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputydan1

Contributor
Reaction score
hey all...

do you think i could find some good deals with regards to scuba gear in coz? cheaper than in the US?

ie wetsuit, regulator..

thanks..

-dan

ps> i am trying to book presidente or scuba club....thanks to you guys.....i feel much more informed! can't wait! anyone else going to be there july 4????

Michelle's is very well stocked if you find you need something, whoops forgot my............. Although the prices are reasonable, you certainly can get better from your LDS.

deputydan1:
hey all...

do you think i could find some good deals with regards to scuba gear in coz? cheaper than in the US?

ie wetsuit, regulator..
No way! In my opinion your best bet for scuba gear is www.leisurepro.com or www.scubatoys.com or one of the other internet stores that advertise on this Board.

A while back someone talked of Scuba Club in less than glowing terms. I've been there twice and am getting ready to return in late July, and I consider it to a great setup for divers. It is small enough to be friendly and comfortable without the crowds, and is a short taxi ride into to town. All meals are included so there none of turmoil of trying to find breakfast before morning dives, etc. The meals have a local ethnic flavor, so if you're addicted to MacDonalds, forget it. The dive operation is on site and very efficient. Anyhow , I have found it very much to my needs aqnd am looking forward to returning.

great advice, gang.
i'm currently scavaging the net trying to find cheap flights to coz from LA. man, continental is cheaper, but i have a 16 hour layover in houston! since i only have one weekend in coz, i need to make every hour count!! ahhhhhhhh!! what to do!?

any dive sites in houston i ought to know about?!?

-dan

ps> yeah, SCC seems to be the one....has it all......have you tried the free shore diving there? is it good, better than the presidente? sorry for all the questions!

Remember that on the island everything except sand has to be brought in by boat...
So there is a middle man charge....Its very expensive, here. Figure a case of diet coke is 14USD, so unless you get the 3 t-shirts for 10 bucks or beer special, I would not but anything here. I bought a 6 dollar light bulb (energy saver), and it broke off in my hand....And they wouldnt take it back...So buyer beware... Sorry to vent, Just got my tax bill and now im broke....

deputydan1:
hey all...

ie wetsuit, regulator..

thanks..

-dan

ps> i am trying to book presidente or scuba club....thanks to you guys.....i feel much more informed! can't wait! anyone else going to be there july 4????

Buy gear at home, buy t-shirts in Coz.

The Presidente or Scuba Club. Those two hotels miles are apart in difference. Scuba Club is geared more for divers where the Presidente is upscale look out you may have to dress for dinner :eek:

Look for charters in your area they tend to be cheaper in airfare and sometimes have last minute fare reductions to fill seats. Have fun in Coz you know you will become addicted. :wink:

I enjoyed the shore dive at Scuba Club. It's an easy entrance and some artificial reefs have been set up so there's good stuff to explore. I saw a couple of types of eels there I've never seen before. Anyhow, I liked it as an easy dive that let us get used to Coz.

Ancient Mariner:
I enjoyed the shore dive at Scuba Club. It's an easy entrance and some artificial reefs have been set up so there's good stuff to explore. I saw a couple of types of eels there I've never seen before. Anyhow, I liked it as an easy dive that let us get used to Coz.

You saw a chain moray for one (I showed it to you so I remember), and there were rumored to be seahorses in one area of the shore dive. (Everyone else saw them but we couldn't find them.) We also saw lots of juvenile fish; drums, angels and other types. I thought it was a really good shore dive. My 2 cents.

K

thanks for the advice...
but i think we're focused on the presidente vs. fiesta americana for now....

thanks!

-dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom