Shore diving at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue steal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to be staying and diving at blue angel in October. 10/24-11/3
(Very excited as it's my first time there)
I know they have some shore diving in front of the resort. I saw a map of a reef just off to the left of BA, but can't seem to find the map now. Is there much to see on the shore dives? As I remember the map showed a course around the reef, I think swimming against current first, then drifting back towards the BA. :coffee:

Someone posted a video in another thread on Shore Dives recently.

I'll shoot you one tomorrow night. :cool:

I am going to be staying and diving at blue angel in October. 10/24-11/3
(Very excited as it's my first time there)
I know they have some shore diving in front of the resort. I saw a map of a reef just off to the left of BA, but can't seem to find the map now. Is there much to see on the shore dives? As I remember the map showed a course around the reef, I think swimming against current first, then drifting back towards the BA. :coffee:
Dear, Dear, Dear Bluesteal,

I cannot say it strongly or loud enough! Do the night shore dive at Blue Angel. But, only do it if you want to see the boring Octopus over and over again, even cute adorable eentsy, weentsy, baby ones! Don't do it...if you do not want to see every kind of eel. Absolutely avoid the night shore dive if you do not want to see giant man eating crabs. I beg you not to go if you are in anyway afraid of seeing hovering squid for 10 minute video shots. If you have any fear of puffer fish, sting rays, angry spiny lobsters, slipper lobster, rock fish, star fish, and even one, oh, so, infamous LIONFISH, do not go shore diving from Blue Angel.

Seems that the sting ray pen right next door to Blue Angel (on the left) attracts all sorts of various and asundry sea critters. I guess that feeding those penned up sting rays makes it all the more attractive for those other 'born free' sea creatures to hang out! BEWARE!:eyebrow:

hmmmm....................I might worry about those angry spiny lobsters. And yes, I think I will sign up for a night dive..............:shocked2:

Thanks ScubaWaltz, it works. Now I have an idea of what to expect on a shore dive in that area.
The ray pen.......................interesting.................
I found the map and the depths look 18-22'........pretty shallow for dives, but one could get a very long BT in.

Thanks Danydon. I also need to look at a list of restaurants that are in town. I think Christi made a list somewhere.
It's a good list, but when you look at $4 each way for cab fare plus the meal, traveling alone, you may find the $14 dinners at BA a nice alternative. I only went to town on Sunday last time as they don't serve dinner that night at BA.
hmmmm....................I might worry about those angry spiny lobsters. And yes, I think I will sign up for a night dive..............:shocked2:
You can sign up for a night boat dive, but for shore dives - just find a buddy and grab a tank & weights before the shop closes.

Here's the video I was thinking about, from a different "Shore Diving" thread. Casa del Mar is maybe a mile south along the coast road from BA - similar diving...

[vimeo]2340270[/vimeo]​

It's a good list, but when you look at $4 each way for cab fare plus the meal, traveling alone, you may find the $14 dinners at BA a nice alternative. I only went to town on Sunday last time as they don't serve dinner that night at BA.
[vimeo]2340270[/vimeo]​

If you are at all friendly, no doubt you will make friends with other divers at the resort who will be willing to share a cab with you. Or you could walk if you don't care to spring for the cab. I've done it - a lot - but only in the afternoon in the blazing heat as I head back to town from diving. To me, it's a no-brainer. Unless you like eating the same thing day after day after day.

If you are at all friendly, no doubt you will make friends with other divers at the resort who will be willing to share a cab with you. Or you could walk if you don't care to spring for the cab. I've done it - a lot - but only in the afternoon in the blazing heat as I head back to town from diving. To me, it's a no-brainer. Unless you like eating the same thing day after day after day.
I thot about you and walking to town. I like to use my energy diving, but then my visits are measured in days, not weeks like yours.

The evening meals at BA are not the same every night at all. Always two choices, always different. And I did make friends, but many others dined there too. Maybe I'm not friendly enough but I don't try to impose on couples and whatever their evening plans are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom