Should Rename This Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
Shoot! Mine must be broken.

Well, what can I say? I guess they just don't work for some folks. Keep trying and I wish you all the best.

"It irks them when they realize we perceive the web they weave."
...The Moody Blues...

I tried a jacket BC once, I didn't like it at all. It wasn't too bad deflated, but every time I inflated the darn thing, I couldn't move my arms. I went back to my vest right away.

terrasmak:
We may be the minority , but we are probably also the majority of the divers who are in the water more than when just on vacation

Naw, but the percentage does rise to the mid single digits.

terrasmak:
We may be the minority , but we are probably also the majority of the divers who are in the water more than when just on vacation

Not in my neighborhood, BP/W divers in my circle of buddies is less that 10% and there are no vacation divers in that number. If I include all of the other divers I encounter at dive sites and shops the percentage would just keep dropping.

Pete

Don Janni:
Well, what can I say? I guess they just don't work for some folks. Keep trying and I wish you all the best.
OK, I'll keep trying. I kept trying yesterday on two dives, and today on two dives, and I try tomorrow on two dives, and I got a dive scheduled for Tuesday night and two timix training dives next Saturday... So I'll just keep trying and trying...

Thanks for the advise. :D

Plungebob, I have found a perfect soulution to my 'face plant' problem. If you look at my profile page there is a pic of me waiting my turn to get back on the boat. I am very comfortably floating on my back, you can even see the tips of my fins break the surface of the water. This position is very comfortable and easy to achieve when using either a BP/W or ant back inflate BCD. You just inflate and lay back, riding on a cushion of air.

That said, there are many advantages of each different type of BCD. I suggest you see if you can rent a back inflate BCD a few times to see if you like it prior to commiting to a purchase.

Ken

I keep trying, too, Rick. Think we got a batch of defective BP/Ws?

TSandM:
I keep trying, too, Rick. Think we got a batch of defective BP/Ws?
LOL! :D

Rick Inman:
OK, I'll keep trying. I kept trying yesterday on two dives, and today on two dives, and I try tomorrow on two dives, and I got a dive scheduled for Tuesday night and two timix training dives next Saturday... So I'll just keep trying and trying...

Thanks for the advise. :D

Rick, Look it's not me who says bp/w's make people better divers. That's the common message from the bp/w camp. Saying these things to me is barking up the wrong tree.

Yet, I'm glad you're able to get in so much practice. Must be nice.

Don

Every trend has its own season, so let it be.

Talking about the biggest trend happening in this forum as well as rename, maybe we should consider changing ScubaBoard -> ScubaMarket... sounds ok, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom