Suggestion Should we have a forum for religious discussions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
i need a tequila shot with a beer chaser, but i have a darn Code Enforcement
Board hearing to go to tonight... soo...

soo, you're going to wait until you get to the meeting? :D

"why is counsel smiling so much tonight?"

"maybe he's happy to see us"

This is not the proper venue for a religious discussion forum. I do invite you to www.DisciplesHeart.com and to www.ReligiousForums.com for spirited conversations about all religions.

However, there is nothing against the TOS to prevent any such discussion. We just won't be providing a forum for it.

There already is a DIR Forum!! :wink:

If this was already posted I apologize. I didn't read the whole thread!! :D

:lol: :D

lamont:
I'm actually not at all kidding around with that statement that I made.
I composed a response to Rick saying that I thought you had a valid point, and comparing the possible "religion dictates morality and is necessary for a moral society" vs. "religion is a crutch for those who need to be told what to believe in order to function morally in society" flamewars that would inevitably occur in a religious discussion forum to the "DIR" vs. "My way is fine" flamewars we've all seen before, but the thread was closed temporarily while I hit the submit button, so the much more eloquent version of my response was lost.

To summarize the lost post, I don't think a religious forum would be good for the board, both for the reason you stated, and because it isn't relevant to the theme of the board.

Also, I wanted to point out that your position vis-a-vis religion was not the point of your post, and that regardless of how we feel about that position, it doesn't turn an otherwise insightful post into a troll.

dlndavid:
Nice one Rap :D Nice snag too, 55 :burnout:

That was pretty sweet-just wouldn't want to be post #666:lightingz on this thread!

Back
Top Bottom