Show of hands, please.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:cheers: An oxygen bar might be fun. Help the "off gassers" and have heard helps a hangover. Best of luck with your new place.

Our business plan doesn't rely on bringing anyone but local foot traffic.

Silly me, When you asked how many people managed to leave their respective resorts and tour the island? visit the West End or West Bay? and mentioned you were trying to gauge how often resort guests venture out and what it'd take to get them to do so
I figured you were asking to find out about pulling in people other than local foot traffic.

That's how I read it, too.

RTB/RoatanMan,

You are both correct I was asking to find out about pulling in people other than local foot traffic. The business plan, however, does not require anything other than foot traffic to turn a profit. This, in fact, is how the business has been run for the past 2 years.....sorry for the confusion.

Ahh, walk-in, stagger out. I like it. :wink:

See you there.

Ahh, walk-in, stagger out. I like it. :wink:

See you there.

Sounds like my kind of place also.....welcome back....how was the diving((((Oops, sorry don't answer that I don't want to be highjacking the post)!

Of all you folks that have visited Roatan, how many of you managed to leave your respective resort and tour the island? visit the West End or West Bay? Thanks in advance for your response!

Honestly renting a car is really cheap and there is basically one road, make sure you get four wheel drive!!!

Honestly renting a car is really cheap and there is basically one road, make sure you get four wheel drive!!!

A four wheel drive is helpful on some roads and especially in rainy season but for the most part is certainly not needed. One look around and you will notice that TAXI's far outnumber any other vehicles and probably at least 99 percent of them are compact 2 wheel drive cars and the busses/minivans are also 2 wheel drive and they seem to get around most of the Island just fine.

we recently had our first trip to Cocoview. We did an all day dive trip which took us to the west end of the island. We managed a short period in the West End and enjoyed both the diving and the shore trip so much we did it again. Since the water was rough we did a van trip back which allowed us to see more of the island. I do enjoy seeing the country we visit.

We had a great dive team with Captain Dave and Dive Master Kirk at Cocoview. When we go back we will most definately request the two of them again. Dave was great at keeping the boat as smooth as possible and seemed to be everywhere at once when we were getting into or out of the water. Dave was wonderful at pointing out all the sea creatures and went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable in the water. Exceptional the both of them.

We enjoyed the resort of Cocoview. We went with a group of 24 from St. Louis. Way too much fun was had by all. Willie is a great bartender and made us all feel at home.

Only complaint would be the food. I would have liked a more local menu and not an attempt at American menus. I think they would have done a better job with a menu which used more local flavors. I like to try and taste the local culture when traveling. Otherwise, the ladies were always friendly and helpful.

The resort is laid out so nothing is too far away. I enjoying having the dogs and cat to pet.

And did I say the diving was great?

Anyone going soon be sure to look up Dave and Kirk. They are the best.

I have stayed at Cocoview twice (returning in June)and Fantasy Island once. I have arranged to have one of the staff's relatives take us out for a tour each time. My favorite is the butterfly farm, primarily due to the attached bird hospital. I enjoy the iguana ranch as well. As to the West End, I rely upon the recommendations of my "guide". I always buy him lunch too (I want to make sure he is willing to eat the food as well lol). I would think that offgas day will bring in the AI customers, expecially if have a way to get them to your locale. It's all about hearing the story and being convenient. Then if they get to stop and see the iguanas, tarpon, butterflys and birds - well we will change the name to nirvana. Work with the resorts staff. Usually a cook has a brother or... you get the idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom