Show off your Bp/W rigs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, I like the look of that black face SPG. I'm a fan of the 40 myself, although I've put the 5ft hose back on mine because I put the 40 on my daughter's.

(and yet, I changed out the gages in my old GT, to white, LOL)

Just got it. DR SS backplate, Transplate harness, Travel EXP Wing. Package came with the DR quick release pockets but I took them off. (They are for sale in the classifieds section)

Sorry the picture is sideways......

photo.jpg

This is my travel setup with HOG red Ali plate, 23# wing, Diverite basic harness with 1" crotch strap. Still looking to replace the cam-bands with a light weight alternative to further reduce weight.

Please ignore the fact that I have attached it to a twin-set for this photo :) :)

CameraAwesomePhoto.jpg

Shame the red disappears underwater - still, it stands out on the boat!

Sweet.
I always said, if you're doing what you enjoy, best to look cool doing it. (ever seen the rigs skydivers jump?)

Well, I'm new to the forum (first post) and bp/w setups, so I figured I'd post my current travel rig up seeing as there was only one other softplate so far...

94818e25.jpg

I have the Oxycheq ultra travel plate and 18lb travel wing, both obviously in digital camo. I'm running a modified DIR style one piece harness, with the extra d-rings on the belt to keep my weight pockets in place and help position the sliding straps. My XS Scuba weight pockets are currently on my weight belt for pearl diving until my new Hog D2 SE regs show up...

1cc33dd7.jpg

I was diving a Zeagle Birgade (Ranger with 35lb wing) until I decided it was too big to stow on my previous ship (Military ships have extremely limited personal space) and my current job has me traveling overseas a lot in support of other ships, so a smaller and lighter setup was a must. The oxycheq travel setup fits into a carry-on sized bag with room for other stuff. Plus I just liked the camo fabric.

So far I've only had it on two pool dives, once each with a 40cuft pony and 100cuft Al tank, before I got sent OCONUS, but I was amazed that I didn't FEEL it there... It really was like I was diving with nothing at all... As soon as my Hogs show up from DRIS (and my temp visa for my host country arrives - needed to rent a tank here) I'm going to get it a lot more exercise and start dialing in my trim on it.

But now that I have tried it, I'm thinking I may just need a SS plate and bigger wing for when I get back to NOLA and the Gulf of Mexico (maybe even start tech diving???). Any suggestions between the Hog and Hollis SS plates? I am leaning towards Hog, but someone mentioned to me that the Hollis is bent a little "more comfortably" at the bottom?

I'll play too :D

532484_10151069983660225_256914487_n.jpg

Apeks WTX harness
Scubapro Weight Pockets
Deep Outdoors 32lb wing w/ Zeagle BX inflator or Atomic SS1

Scubapro Single tank adapter (when O/C)

OK, I'm in now that the 'force' is not the only contributor. No prob with the droids, just didn't see the use of posting.

Couldn't find anything I liked so designed one and had it cut and bent by Fred Tagge. I was the drudge that sanded and polished it. Pairs with a Dive Rite Classic XT wing.

OMG, it woiks...

---------- Post Merged on July 19th, 2012 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 18th, 2012 at 10:15 PM ----------

Just for grins, here is the old, salty, previous BP complete with its "baroque embellishments". (Thanks, Steve. :wink:)
View attachment 130088

Helping to keep this older thread going myself with double Freedom Plates, and Oxycheq Mach V wings.

Attachments

• Adeline.jpg
    Adeline.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,183
That's funny.

I thought of ZKY all the while I was learning the ins and outs of polishing stainless steel. Nice pic of freedom plates in use!

I heard a lot of the freedom plate. What is the advantage over a normal SS plate? say Halcyon or DSS? Especially in cold water, heavier plate + STA may be a good thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom