Show us where you live and dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's another one of Sea Ranch, which is a section of coastine just south of the town of Gualala in Norcal.
The water this day was at least 50' vis. I was visiting family in the area that day and unfortunately didn't bring dive gear.
There's good diving for abalone out at the far rocks.

The second photo is of Spud Point in Bodega Bay looking north. It's not a dive site per sey, but it is a beautiful spot.

Attachments

• P1010079.jpg
    P1010079.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 118
  • B0000012.jpg
    B0000012.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 101
Here's another one of the Monterey Cannery row in the sunrise. I got this shot one morning after waking up in the back of my pickup being a dive bum at the breakwater.

The other is of my portable tiki bar that I used to take camping.

Attachments

• B0000466.jpg
    B0000466.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 112
I love all of it so far!
Wow! those pics of Italy, I want to go there.

Eric,

When I stay in Sorrento or other Amalfi hotels, I try and save a day to dive in Naples (about two hours drive south of Rome).:crafty:

Centro Sub Campi Flegrei

Centro Sub Campi Flegrei is the only dive operator allowed into the Baiae Marine Archeological Site. Everyone hears about the buried city of Pompeii but few know about the Roman sites/villas that "SANK" into the bay during the Vesuvius eruption.
11.gif

The dive is very easy and regardless of the number of dives you have is well worth the trip and time to dive there.

ninfeosommerso2-l.jpg

West coast of UAE off the Palm Islands in Dubai

I did my Rescue Diver Course about 10 meters to the left of this picture (under the bridge) and shared a couple of pints of Guinness along with fish & chips with Gordon across the bridge at a pub in Dubai. :cheers:

Doc, love your bird feeder! Where can I get one please?

Oldbear!! Please tell me more abounds the Vesuvius/Naples dive. How can I get hooked up?

Thanks so much.

Oldbear!! Please tell me more abounds the Vesuvius/Naples dive. How can I get hooked up?

Thanks so much.

The easiest way is to email them at Contacts - Centro Sub Campi Flegrei

They also use to have a monthly newsletter; but I have fallen off of the list. It is a pretty shallow dive 3-5m, but truly awe inspiring.

I am one of the truly lucky ones... I live on Santa Catalina Island (for 45 years) and it is surrounded by 54 miles of coastline with great salt water diving (even though visitors occasionally ask us if the "island" is completely surrounded by water):

SCatI-Landsat_ETM_cc342str.jpg

Local'ish sites that I regularly dive (2-3 weekends a month);
Lake Mead , Lake Mohave and further out... Sand Hollow, UT

drone mohave2.jpgdrone mohave.jpg

Drone pics over Lake Mohave, AZ

Last edited:
Love this topic! My dive bucket list just got much longer. Doc, I love the tank birdbath. SM Beaton, I love the camel scuba sherpa's. :rofl:

Well I am fortunate enough to live in the "Dive Capital of the World" (that's what the sign says as you drive into Key Largo).
Yes my diving here doesn't suck, but mostly I get to meet and sometimes dive with countless numbers fun ScubaBoarders.

Just a few photos of well known local dive sites.

christosabyssou-5.jpg
Christ of the Abyss (aka Touchdown Jesus)

IMG_6296 copy.jpg
Speigel Grove with Hobster

IMG_3426 copy.jpg
Speigel Grove with MotoRef

Hope to see you if you get to Key Largo. :wavey:

Back
Top Bottom