SI Tech Quick Clamp Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another option if you are having trouble with this system and if you have wrist seals, is to just get a pair of these, and pull them over the rings after putting on your glove liners. It will only cost you $10 to try it, and I find it works as well as any of the locking systems that I tried. Not to mention, in some situations you might want to take a glove off in a hurry at depth, and having a system that is so difficult to doff would be concerning.

Doesn't the air still migrate out of your gloves though if they are lower than the rest of your body (regardless of what is keeping the pathway open)?
Yes, it does. So don't let your hands dangle, keep them about level with your torso.

And chalk me up as another one who prefers a short length of bungee over those tubes. I've also tried to wear my glove liners underneath my wrist seals, but it makes donning the gear a PITA. And besides, if your glove really floods and you're using a tube or a piece of bungee cord, you can take off the glove, pull out the cord and replace the glove. Your hand will be flooded, but your suit won't be.

And chalk me up as another one who prefers a short length of bungee over those tubes. I've also tried to wear my glove liners underneath my wrist seals, but it makes donning the gear a PITA. And besides, if your glove really floods and you're using a tube or a piece of bungee cord, you can take off the glove, pull out the cord and replace the glove. Your hand will be flooded, but your suit won't be.

Chalk me up as someone who just puts on the glove liners (4th element, awesome), pulls over the gloves and doesn't bother with trying to ventilate them. Maybe it's an issue if you go very deep, but in the range up to 130 FSW I have never felt enough of a squeeze to bother deliberately breaking the wrist seal. And that includes Newfoundland!

Got it. Does anyone cut off the excess glove that goes beyond the ring? I have found that this sometimes bunches and leads to leakage. I would think that if you leave enough glove on the elbow side of the wrist ring you would have enough material that you don't run the risk of the glove slipping through but will the glove come apart if you do that?

I usually leave the cuff of the gloves as long as possible, with enough as safety against the glove slipping through the rings. As far as equalizing the gloves, the thumb loops from my undergarment does the trick. I can migrate air through the glove depending on its position. If they're lower than my torso, then they usually are squeezed. If they're higher than I can migrate gas into them.

If you're in the prone position with your arms forward, then your hands are usually lower than your body and there is very little gas within the gloves.

Does anyone cut off the excess glove that goes beyond the ring? I have found that this sometimes bunches and leads to leakage.

Yes. Most people around here are throwing away the yellow liner glove that often comes with the blue gloves and replace it with something warmer and less bulky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom