Silly things heard on dive trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not really a stupid thing heard, but funny for us at the time...

My buddy and I had just finished a muck dive at a SW PA park and were stripping out of our gear when this little girl walked past looking at us all wide eyed and asked what we were doing. We said we were diving, to which she predictably asked why. Too see things underwater we answered (not that you could see anything in that mess, had red gloves on and couldn't see my hands six inches in front of my face). When she asked what we were looking for my smart alec kicked in unbidden and I told her shipwrecks, there's a battleship USS Texas in the lake somehwere and we were trying to find it. She was so impressed and probably had a great story to tell when she went back to school this fall, and her grandfather was absolutely tickled.

After 6 days, and 15 glorious dives in Little Cayman, a gentleman who had been with us the entire week raises his hand after a diving brief and asks, "So, are we EVER going to dive that Bloody Wall I read so much about?!"

Overheard by the pool at a resort:

Male1: "Not sure if we will get to dive this week. Friday is the only day available, and we fly home on Saturday."
Male2: "Why does that matter?"
Male1: "Well, as divers, we have to allow some time for our ears to normalize before we can get on a plane."

I later heard him say that he has been diving for years, and has done hundreds of dives.

I've posted this before....

Going into the water on a shore dive, there were two ENORMOUS fat chicks with their little children playing in the water.

FAT CHICK #1: "Oh, look, a scuba diver!"

FAT CHICK #2: "I once had a boyfriend who was scuba diver. You know, scuba divers are just rich people with nothing better to do."

man, if that is only true. :laughing:

I've posted this before....

Going into the water on a shore dive, there were two ENORMOUS fat chicks with their little children playing in the water.

FAT CHICK #1: "Oh, look, a scuba diver!"

FAT CHICK #2: "I once had a boyfriend who was scuba diver. You know, scuba divers are just rich people with nothing better to do."

On the ride back in from the Oriskany I was on the stern talking with the DM when a diver that had struck me as being a bit on the odd side comes up to us and shoves a set of tables at us and ask "am I bent?"....we both looked at each other with shock....the DM asked him if he felt ok ,to which he replied...I feel fine....we then tell him no your not bent...the guy was diving with his son and had a new computer that he said he couldn't get to work the whole time he was underwater even though he was mashing all the buttons....it just goes to prove that diving can't be all that dangeous or most divers would be dead....
Yarg

I had a work buddy ask me if CPR is hard to perform underwater and if we need a special certification to administer it at depth?

I was once asked by a passing tourist if the water was cold to which I replied, rather politely in my opinion "yes" to which he replied: "Well, i guess that's what you get for diving in the arctic".
He was from Washington state - it made me sad inside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom