Similans update!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's actually a pinecone fish, not a pineapple fish. They look much alike so it's easy to mix them up. They are very uncommon for our area. The first one was seen at Northern Rocky (pinnacle) in Myanmar two years ago and then a few weeks later one at Richelieu Rock on the North West side at approx. 28 meter.
Now there's one back at Richelieu! GREAT.

MoonWrasse:
Well, interestingly the first critter here:
http://www.saltcorner.com/sections/zoo/pineconefishes.htm

is the same pineapple fish of my prior posting. They exist down to 200 meters, so perhaps that is why we don't see them often.

BTW, has it returned to 3mm shorty weather there, or is 5mm full still being worn?
yes, i used a 3mm wetsuit.. and was more than sufficient.
one of the divers in my group were only in a chill guard and shorts altho he did mention the thermoclines at certain areas were slightly uncomfortable.

Ringo:
Frank owner and Keith the DM on The Junk reckon their last cruise was a "Grand Slam". They saw Mantas, Whalesharks and Sharks! For those still going - hope you see them too!

Now the latest cruise on The Junk has been called a "Grand Slam with a Triple Crown". They saw 10 different Mantas and 3 different Whalesharks!!!

Wow! I was hoping for exciting news! We hit the Similans on 31 March. What is the temperature and visability like?

Alison

Nice. Going out next friday and hope some of the big one is there. South Siam Divers is the Lob book on.

Back
Top Bottom