Sipadan Trip: Sharks, Turtles, Schooling Jacks, Turtles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

malaysia-islands

Contributor
Reaction score
Some photos from wonderful Sipadan. Dives were done in early Sept 2007.

08.jpg

04.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

06.jpg

02.jpg

Beautiful Pictures.
Some day soon I will be there and see them for myself.

For this dive trip to Sipadan, we stayed at these two places:

Sipadan Inn
A few months old. Converted from old shophouse building. Surprisingly well appointed with modern amenities. We stayed in a Superior Seaview room for RM168 per night.

07.jpg

12.jpg

Scuba Junkie Bacpackers
Decided to try out their VIP Room. Not too bad. Ensuite bath, TV, wardrobe, etc. Just for RM40 per night inc breakfast if you dive with them as well.

10.jpg

08.jpg

Thanks for posting the great pics! I too dove Sipadan in early September. Maybe we crossed paths underwater :)

It was my first trip to Sipadan, and I have to say it was absolutely amazing! I can't wait to go back.

Happy Diving, Eric

Just got back from there. I think diving there for 6 days in a row and seeing the same thing over and over got a little boring.

Just got back from there. I think diving there for 6 days in a row and seeing the same thing over and over got a little boring.
:confused:

I think I could take a little of that boredom.

Next time you feel that 6 days at Sipadan is too much I am quite prepared to come and help you out, I will take alternate days maybe, or every second dive. Just to relieve you off the stess of all those glorious turtles, sharks, and schools of fish forming ever changing patterns. :D:D

I've booked another flight ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Tawau this coming January 2008. Since we're going to have 2 full day of diving, we're thinking of giving Sipadan a miss, or maybe not.

January probably has cooler water temperature, hence the chances to see big stuff could be higher.

Back
Top Bottom