Sitech pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

addohm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I replaced an old suit recently and thought it'd be a good time to add the pee valve option. Unfortunately while they briefly tell you how to use it, they don't tell you what to do when you don't need to use it. It's not like an OPV or anything. Not real sure how the whole thing works mechanically. If I don't want to use it, what am I supposed to do to make sure there's no egress?

You'll find the vast majority of people that can use a cath will use a cath on every drysuit dive. Assuming it's a Trigon valve, they are pressure compensated and you will not need to do anything for those times that you do not hook up.

For my unbalanced monkey p valve I just have to keep the screw tightened when not in use. Not sure how the fancier ones work.

In theory the light monkey has one way valves which shouldn't require the screw. I've tested it using a syringe of water trying to force in from the outside.

In theory the light monkey has one way valves which shouldn't require the screw. I've tested it using a syringe of water trying to force in from the outside.
My *unbalanced* LM will definitely let water in if you don't hook things up. Or maybe my valves are toast. Either way, the bolt is a simple solution.

Trigon gets hooked EVERY dive. There isn't any reason not to put a cath on and be properly hydrated without concern for destroying a seal or zipper trying to get out in a hurry.

Plumbing in the old chap is as essential as connecting breathing gas. I will never dive without a pee valve.

One of the weirdest things about a recent warm Caribbean vacation diving trip was not wearing any exposure protection and thus not plumbing in. Struth, that kind of diving is so simple and easy!

My *unbalanced* LM will definitely let water in if you don't hook things up. Or maybe my valves are toast. Either way, the bolt is a simple solution.

Interesting, my unbalanced light monkey won't. But I have a QD with check valve so maybe that is why?

Interesting, my unbalanced light monkey won't. But I have a QD with check valve so maybe that is why?
Yes, that is why.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom