Slurp gun for Lion Fish??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chopsticks sharpened in a pencil sharpener are the ticket. Been able to whack quite a few of the really small buggers (< 3") with this setup.

Mini-Hawaiian Sling

Attachments

• Mini-Hawaiian Sling GEN 1.JPG
    Mini-Hawaiian Sling GEN 1.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 800
i like the idea of a slurp gun...but a blade in the center that chops em up and spits em out the other end as confetti :)

so what is that? plastic pipe fittings screwed together? from like Home Depot?

It looks like the riser fitting for a yard sprinkler system. You cut it off to the right height, and it is threaded and ready to go. The advantage I see here is the variety of flanges to secure the band under, and the high friction grip. Very clever!

Home Depot, Lowes, etc. - yes. Screwed together - no (it's molded that way).

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Garden-Center-Watering-Repair-Parts-Accessories/h_d1/N-5yc1vZarg4Z5yw41/R-100172645/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

i like the idea of a slurp gun...but a blade in the center that chops em up and spits em out the other end as confetti :)
Just waterproof a flowbee.

Wes, I haven't gotten over to SeaXP to pick mine up yet but I can't wait to see it!

p.s. I have the same Betta tank in my office with a gorgeous blue male named Sea More.

I GOT IT!

A slurp gun with a SLAP-CHOP in the bottom for the babies!!

Great idea!!

Chug
Likes slap chop!

Hey guys-

I found this AWSOME Lionfish Killer product. It's called:

2Ft. fiber glass polespear 1/2" with Light Duty Sling and Stainless Steel Paralyzer Tip

CheapScubaOnline.com
www.cheapscubaonline.com.

The company looks like they have a lot of Discount Dive Equipment & Accessories, are based in Florida.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

www.cheapscubaonline.com

Hey guys-

I found this AWSOME Lionfish Killer product. It's called:

2Ft. fiber glass polespear 1/2" with Light Duty Sling and Stainless Steel Paralyzer Tip

CheapScubaOnline.com
www.cheapscubaonline.com.

The company looks like they have a lot of Discount Dive Equipment & Accessories, are based in Florida.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

www.cheapscubaonline.com

I saw some of those little pole spears at Force-E in Pompano a couple weeks ago.
Stubby little rascals.
They were about $18 or so, and while I did not buy one, I may later.

I had great luck with my friends little 20" or 24" aluminum JBL a couple weeks ago.
It was a 2 band gun, but I only shot with a single band on the little invader I killed.

Chug
:koh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom