Small Petite Women...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 5'2" 105-110 lbs and am going for my third set of gear. My next try is to be a Halcyon backplate+wings. You can adjust the harness to fit YOU. It was great above and below water. Tank didn't cantilever away from my back when walking around - very comfortable. I was lucky enough to have a dive buddy that set his up for me to try.

My only concern is how much time will be involved to tighten/loosen harness when going between drysuit diving and light wetsuits for tropics. Will know by end of August as I'll be diving back and forth within 2 days of each other.

Women just aren't as standard as men seem to be person to person. Try on as many styles and manufacturers as possible - both in and out of water. In water is most difficult to arrange but is the most important since the gear is meant to be u/w. You may have to sacrifice color of choice to get something small enough (dealers seem to think small women ONLY prefer hot pink EVERYTHING).

I have a couple of small wetsuits for sale that fit great (yes they're pink + other colors!) photos available upon request:

*ScubaPro size small 2pc 3mm farmer jane with long sleeve step-in jacket $50
*ScubaPro size small 2pc 7mm jumpsuit with sleeveless hooded jacket (great for 40-50F) $75.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom