Smelly Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sink the stink works

Ditto what Steve said--I throw them in the sink with two Sink the Stink 'packets' and just enough water to cover--and soak them overnight before rinsing--then toss them out to dry in the sun.

The key is to do it each time --before they reach the point of no return...(at least that's what I've heard...not that I've ever had stinky boots of my own....) ;-)

I stick cardboard tubes in my boots to help keep them open so they can dry more effectively.

Sink the Stink is the best thing EVER. Ok in a very narrow discussion.... the best ever. Seriously, we never dive without it.

I stick cardboard tubes in my boots to help keep them open so they can dry more effectively.

Cut the bottom off a Styrofoam cup. Works better than cardboard.

Same as for the notorious "pee"ers out there...

Odorxit, Zymeaway, Natures Miracle...

You'll thank me later.

and don't tuck your wetsuit legs into your booties! then the pee has nowhere to go *but* in your booties!

I bought a small spray bottle at Walmart, fill it with a mixture of "Sink the Stink" and water (25% SS/75% H20) and keep it with my dive gear. When finished diving, rinse boots with water, apply a liberal spraying from the bottle until you wash gear. After washing, another light spray on the inside of boots and sun dry. Seems to work pretty good. :)

Back
Top Bottom