smoking on a dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a former smoker (15 months smokefree) I tried to be considerate of others. I would head to the back of the boat, but would still ask others (crew first) if it was ok, I would tell those around me to let me know if it bothered them.

Congrats on quitting. I have never been a smoker but I have heard that it's quite a difficult addiction to break.

Well done!

Congrats on quitting. I have never been a smoker but I have heard that it's quite a difficult addiction to break.

Well done!

Ya, was tough. 20 yrs. of smoking & was up to 2 packs a day.
I also found cigar smoke to be really bad, kinda takes your breath away.

If the smoke bothers you that much you could breath off your reg.:rofl3:

Looks like I am going to go with the barf idea. Also, great idea about using my reg, mybe next time you could be my dive buddy and I could practice buddy breathing on your air supply.. Safety first!!

A buddy and I were diving on a dive boat Saturday. Would it have been wrong of me to ask the guy smoking a cigar if he we put it out? Being a non-smoker I try to to make a big deal of smoking but considering the combination of 3-5 foot seas and breathing in the diesel fumes it was making us and a few others on the boat sick. :confused:

Only if he was driving the boat...otherwise, pull out your cutlass and tell him he'll walk the plank if he doesn't lose the stogie.

Its either a smoking allowed or a non-smoking dive charter your gripe is with the operator - not the smoker!

Are you kidding me?

If the smoke bothers you, ask to go down wind. That should be the end of it.

That post about 'smokers polluting'.... *** gimme a frikking break. How can you even think/suggest that while you sit on a diesel powered boat and took your /acar to the boat ramp.....you also use scuba gear that in some way shape or form was produced and transported by polluting machines...... let's get real.

It is annoying yes, but hardly polluting more than the million acres of forests we burn annually

I am a non smoker but chew tobacco. My rule is this: You don't let your smoke blow over me & won't blow my chew spit over you. (I actually had to do this to someone once)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom