Snorkel Alternatives...???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beachlife, yes Ive seen a few guys using the full face ones around the beaches here in Sydney.
I Goolged for the full face design and it came back with 2 deaths in Hawaii from using them and it’s kinda scary to think that this can happen to anyone at anytime. Life is very precious but also very dangerous, and especially if you’re sticking your head underwater or fun !
It does make me very careful of building anything to sell.
I put a special valve in either end of a T-piece with the mouthpiece in the middle.
View attachment 458955
I always have a friend snorkelling with me and I’ve learned that one of the best ways to judge the intake of fresh air is the temperature. Fresh air coming in is cold, while exhaled air is warm. It hasn’t let me down yet but I’m not the type to trust my life to a couple of $20 valves.
Jacques Cousteau must’ve similarly been wary of what he built.
Hey, thanks for your kind reminder. I noticed that too. I think this can happen with some other reasons too. And I was actually very careful when I used mine FFM, I practiced with my friend before the 1st time I used it, and I use it for surface water only, as suggested by the seller. What I love most is that the model named seabeast af90 never fogged up, can't find this with traditional mask. So I think I can't stop using it. But I will always be careful with this. Thanks again for the note!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom