So, RX 100 II or III ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, so do u think the II is still better than the III nowadays ? Or some news lenses on the market made the III better than the II ? Need to make a choice soon.

Mmmhhh... if u say so..
I hope the next sony RX100 IV will come with 4K, that would be cool.

I think both are excellent cameras. I've used both of them and I've shared my RX-100 II vs III thoughts here. It can depend whether you want to focus on video / fish, or macro/wide-angle.

Hope this helps!

Scott Gietler

Scott summary is pretty next however the RX100 III video at 24/25/30 p is disappointing and worse than the mark II
The mark I/II remain unbeatable for stills/video at 1080p
The new Panasonic LX100 may change things when it comes to video

They're both good cameras and the housings for the RX100III from Nauticam and Ikelite are improved for sure.

All of these latest cameras have 24mm lenses on the wide range, so I think the external lens manufacturers (Inon, Fix, etc) will have to come out with some lenses that match fairly soon.

The LX100 is interesting for sure, but it has a super zoom lens that may make it too hard to house well. I guess we'll see at DEMA...

Jack

They're both good cameras and the housings for the RX100III from Nauticam and Ikelite are improved for sure.

All of these latest cameras have 24mm lenses on the wide range, so I think the external lens manufacturers (Inon, Fix, etc) will have to come out with some lenses that match fairly soon.

The LX100 is interesting for sure, but it has a super zoom lens that may make it too hard to house well. I guess we'll see at DEMA...

Jack

Not super zoom more than the RX100 Mark III whose lens extends a lot too. Will need to see where is the wide end compared to the lens distance from the body

After reading this I conclude that the RX 100 III is better for video, but the RX 100 II is better for UW.

So if I want to do UW video, which one should I choose?

And why is the III better than the II in terms of video, besides the fact that is records at 120fps?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom