So what is your excuse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My excuse is:

Only time anyone else I know is diving is usually Sundays, which is the same day my band practices. Incidentally, this is also the reason why I always have to miss my local dive club meetings. Except it's my other band. Which is even LESS commercial. But has a record out on a label. Go figure. It's tough being a rookie rock star.

cheers

Billy S.

I guess that brings a whole new meaning to the term my buddy uses, "diving like a rock star" guess it really means one isn't able to go diving at all.. Bummer

RIDIVER501:
Not owning your own equipment can be a problem, but ultimately investing in gear can get you diving more for a variety of reasons.

I understand where you're coming from, but, at least for me, it's just not an option at this point. My wife was 'downsized' and we just do not have any disposible income. If I have the choice between paying my mortgage so I have someplace to live and buying $1500 worth of dive gear, I'm pretty much going to have to go with the mortgage.

I think those of us that have the 'I can't afford it' excuse can see the logic of owning our own equipment, but that's not the point.

If I owned my own, I'd be diving a lot. So if anyone has old gear that they just have laying around, tripping over it, and want to get rid of (I'll even pay shipping), let me know... :wink:

David

I have only done about 3 dives since this season in NE opened. Two in Gloucester and one night dive in Nahant. While I'd love to go more, I have a few problems.
I own everything but tanks as of right now so i've been renting them from my local dive shop. If I wanted to do a spur of the moment dive, I can't. Also, none of my friends are certified or or if they are then they're warm water tropical divers.

I'll gladly dive with anybody here if they're in need of a buddy or just looking for an extra person to join the group. I'm located in Revere, MA which is very close to Nahant and a short ride to Boston or Gloucester

Of course, I'm off to Cozumel again from July 2th to July 9th so if anybody is there, i've love to meet up with some scubaboarders like last time.

-Mike

Where are you headed? I'll be in Brockville and Prescott this weekend...

jonnythan:
It's a 3-5 hour drive to anywhere that's worth diving for me, but I still do it as much as I can. Headed up to Ontario tonight to spend all weekend in the St Lawrence.

I did only 4 dives in the last two weeks. One day I cancelled because the vis was only 70 feet or so....another planned day the water was too warm....another day we pulled up to the site and casted a few times and started catching fish...before I knew it, it was getting dark. Yeah...life's a b***h sometimes. heh heh heh.

Long drive, 3-4 hours. Passed this weekend to give blood. Next outing is set for 1 July.

I really can't bring myself to go diving because I just spent 3 hours a day cleanning zebra muscles off a bar screen in a nuclear power plant. By the end of the work week I don't want to see another drysuit till monday. Commercial diving.... who ever said to make your hobbie in life a carrer should be shot!!! :crying2: :redhot: :sigh_2: :icon16: :splat:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom