So....who's keeping fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually swimming, hiking and daily balance diet

Same as divetraveler - 5K 5-6 times a week. And now, I have a question to add to yours: during the winter I'm going to work on my breath holding endurance. But the question is, who else does and is it worth it?

I'd like to get to 4 min out of the water (already hit 3) and 3 min in the water (not even close yet).

the best exercise for diving is diving!!!!

in the last year and a half living in the caribbean wearing a wetsuit most of the day running up and down the dock with tanks not getting much time for lunch (just a snack) and diving 3 to 4 times a day is plenty of exercise for anyone!

plus i managed to loose over 50lb so the best exercise for diving is diving!

I'm personally going to be doing lots of pool work, since I need to get those skills hones anyway. Plus, I think it gives as good of a workout as other stuff for me, and I dont have to deal with the back aches and stuff that i get on cardio equipment sometimes, (need to lose weight and that wouldnt be an issue). I worked out today for the first time in a pool in forever and it just felt 'good'. LOL of course, I just about couldnt even lift my legs when I got on land as it didnt 'feel' like they were that tired in the pool. :D

1.2 miles per day jogging, barbell training at night.

Mike

I'm currently training before I head off to Firefighter school so I'm doing lots of cardio on treadmill (high inclines) and lots of stair climbing with a weighted vest on. as for weights I'm doing a lot of chin ups, squats, leg presses and core exercises.

Jason Ooi:
Usually swimming, hiking and daily balance diet

Yeah, I like balance in my diet too. A good balance between many different chocolates :D

Actually I cycle and row. Now that it's raining and getting colder I take spinning classes at the gym. I'm not patient enough to weight train, i guess.

Back
Top Bottom