So....who's keeping fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
What do you do to keep your body fit for diving?
Go diving.
Diver0001:
What do you do on endurance training: running, cycling etc.
Go cave diving
Diver0001:
What do you do on strength training: weight lifting, climbing etc.
Dive with doubles & stages
Diver0001:
What else do you do that has direct benefits for your diving? (cross training)
Swim; snorkel; free dive.
Rick :D

NJMike:
Nobody trying to increase their breath holding endurance?
See item 4 above. 'Course in my case I'm just trying to hold on to what little I have :)
Rick

NJMike:
Nobody trying to increase their breath holding endurance?
Why would anyone need to do that, unless you were a freediver.

fairybasslet:
Why would anyone need to do that, unless you were a freediver.

Some people gain a big psychological advantage from knowing that they can hold on for X length of time if comes down to it.... It's not necessarily related to "fitness" for diving but it can be an element of "preparedness" for some people.

R..

I have been riding 50 miles/ wk or so...need to step it up.

have been having traffic issues.

actually, I am surprised what cycling does for your arms....I did not expect that.

Weights 4 times a week, cardio a few times a week and hanky panky with the old lady a few times a week. All in all I'm feeling great! :14:

:D

I think that if I had to do a free ascent from 100', I'd feel better about it knowing I could hold my breath for 3 min vs not knowing at all what I was capable of.

But I'm also not sure if it's important enough to do.

Here's a follow up question: what happens to your body...brain cells, etc...when you hold your breath and deny your body of the oxygen? What might the long term effects be of constantly doing this to extend your breath holding ability?

NJMike:
I think that if I had to do a free ascent from 100', I'd feel better about it knowing I could hold my breath for 3 min vs not knowing at all what I was capable of.

But I'm also not sure if it's important enough to do.

Here's a follow up question: what happens to your body...brain cells, etc...when you hold your breath and deny your body of the oxygen? What might the long term effects be of constantly doing this to extend your breath holding ability?
Brain damage on land. Teens are into this choking game. Very dangerous. And an embolism if you hold your breath from that depth during an emergency ascent.

NJMike:
???? don't hold your breath.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom