solo cert's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willardj

Contributor
Reaction score
How many agents offer solo cert's. live in Ga. and all my other cert's are Naui and thought that would be a good class to take sents I'm going to do it anyway. Been diving for years and most of my diving is done solo. Like someone else said it's hard to find someone to go as offton as I like to go. My limits are in waters I'm used to. Maybe 5' vis maybe 60' vis just depends. " And allway use the rule of thirds on air." Thanks.

Willardj

willardj,
i'm taking the course in july.
i can let you know how it turns out.
regards,

smokey braden:
willardj,
i'm taking the course in july.
i can let you know how it turns out.
regards,

thanks alot.

willardj:
How many agents offer solo cert's. live in Ga. and all my other cert's are Naui and thought that would be a good class to take sents I'm going to do it anyway. Been diving for years and most of my diving is done solo. Like someone else said it's hard to find someone to go as offton as I like to go. My limits are in waters I'm used to. Maybe 5' vis maybe 60' vis just depends. " And allway use the rule of thirds on air." Thanks.

Willardj
SDI and ANDI are the only I know of and I have never had a problem with a charter honoring it at least in Canada

Most of all it would be good to see other peoples views and other ways of doing things. I mite look in on taking this class. Thanks.
willardj

Walter:
The real question is not how many agencies offer the cert, it's how many charters will honor it.
I know Mike Ball and Aggressor do.

Walter:
The real question is not how many agencies offer the cert, it's how many charters will honor it.

True

But since SDI is part of TDI and the latter is pretty widespread, I've had good luck leaning toward charters run by TDI-affiliated shops....If they teach the specialty (solo), they have to honor it...

I think Walter raised a right question. I am wondering how many shops and charters actually honor. So, in Canada even though many charters aren't supposed to allow the solo diving, you can dive in solo if you have a solo cert? Or only divers having a solo cert can dive in a solo no matter what charters's policy is.

Back
Top Bottom