• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Some people’s wet dreams are about to come true!

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by lexvil, Dec 10, 2019.

1. cerich

cerich ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    We aren't Suunto and I would want to figure it out. I am trying to set boundaries.

2. LandonL

LandonL ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives

I use subsurface myself, and have been using linux since the 1990s, deep6gear.com is run on a linux box. Prior to medical school I mostly worked in IT and programming.

That being said, support for subsurface is in the domain of the project's lead developers (and the support library). I see no reason though why support would not eventually be added, especially if users request it. It would be relatively easy to add it to the support library.

MichaelMc likes this.
  3. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    @LandonL - do you anticipate that the software (electronic logbook) that Deep6 will be implementing will have a "universal file format export" feature to make data usable on other "non-OEM" software?

4. drrich2

drrich2 Solo Diver

I appreciate the use of Bluetooth rather than an added-charge proprietary cable for uploading your dive log to a desktop PC (will it do so to a smart phone?), and I see it uses a custom NATO strap. I have never used such a strap, but I've seen NATO straps mentioned on Scuba Board with praise, I think considered an improvement over the straps that ship with some wrist dive computers.

Richard.

5. MichaelMc

MichaelMc Divemaster Candidate

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thanks Landon!!!!
    If the device responds in some nice known way, I'm sure the Subsurface team can add support.
    Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

6. d^2b

d^2b Angel Fish

Yes, I should have expressed myself more clearly. What would be nice is if the subsurface / libdivecomputer developers can get the technical information they need (rather than having to reverse-engineer it) and possibly one or two sample DCs to work with.

cerich likes this.
  7. Takimbe

Takimbe Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    im in for one. Should be a good backup to my perdix, and my GF can use it as her primary when she dives with me. will write my amateur impressions when I get it.

8. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    To all of you who have ordered a Secret Squirrel. Please share your reviews when you get the opportunity. I'm particularly interested in how the 3 presets line up with the e Shearwater presets for both 1st and repetitive dives

Thanks in advance

9. RayfromTX

RayfromTX Student Of Gas Mixology Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

I'll be able to report after Xmas. My buddy will be borrowing my Perdix and has bought the stocking stuffer. He will be air limited so I'm not sure how low his NDL numbers will get.

ScubaWithTurk likes this.