Sony DCR-HC42 Housing, DVD Burning & Camcorder Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronrosa:
Anyway, downloaded 2 of your videos. They both had the 4-way PIP, which was neat at first, but I quickly grew tired of it. I was expecting it to be an intro special effect that lead into a fullscreen. I found keeping the 4-way split for the full duration to be distracting.

Do you have a video that you didn't do a 4-way split ?

Ron
amen. i agree totally with you on the 4-PIP gimmik. i built them on a 'dare' from a fellow to have a 'mini' movie to put on my DVDs to show what was on 'that' page.

DVD structure is similiar to webpage:

TRIP
TRIP 1
MINI MOVIE
MOVIE
MOVIE
MOVIE
Etc.

TRIP 2
MINI MOVIE
MOVIE
MOVIE
Etc.
Etc.

the concept is you can quickly watch the 'mini' movie (1 minute of 4-PIP per movie) and if you like what you see, you can watch the WHOLE movie. grab ANY of the movies on the webpage that don't say highlight.

as you can see from scrolling down the page, the biggest feedback i've gotten is that the movies were TOOOOO long. i can sit through a 25 minute movie of the dive; nobody else can! so i've been sharpening the ol' SLICE TOOL and trimming them down as small as possible. that's where the RDV (Readers Digest Version) of the movies came in.

try a few of the others. i love the feedback. let me know!

Back
Top Bottom