Soon to be in the Sooner State

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

Im a diver with some experience however have been out of action for a little while. I will be moving to the sooner state within a few months and would like some buddies to get some year round diving with and some advice on cylinders which will resemble closely my faber 12l twins or singles with din fittings.

Sooner welcomes from Oklahoma! Depending on where you live, diving can be great or be a hassel. If you live in the western half like me, it's many hours of driving to get to any dive site. If you live in the eastern half, you are much closer. There is Tenkiller lake, Murray lake, Broken Bow lake and Lake Elmer Thomas. Arkansas and Missosuri have better diving, especially at Beaver and Tablerock lakes.

Go on facebook and lookup Broken Arrow Divers if your going to be in North East Oklahoma. Both the aquanauts and the Broken Arrow Divers are good groups.

Thanks for the suggestion Ill initally be located closhish to seminole, so abotu an hour away from the city. by the looks of it there does not appear to be many clubs or anything in that area. However there is the possibilty of moving to west of the state and there does not appear to be much although i may do some exploring over there.

Well the Aquanauts are meeting in OKC so its about as close as you can get. However keep in mind that if you want to dive in a lake they too will have to travel as OKC does not really have a lake in the city. I do know the Broken Arrow Divers have been going to the lake almost weekly in recent times. Though the group is small and often only a handful of members show up there are other times they have had nearly 10 members there.

Either group will really be a good choice and both have excellent members :)

Last edited:
I definately will do. I just need to move and get everything sorted. I will miss the sea though. Is there much diving off the Texas coast?

I definately will do. I just need to move and get everything sorted. I will miss the sea though. Is there much diving off the Texas coast?

Not really.

Lake diving isn't bad, it has it's own unique joys you don't find in the ocean.

Not really.

Lake diving isn't bad, it has it's own unique joys you don't find in the ocean.

I can never say I love lakes better then clear salty water but I can say that I have had so much fun in our lakes exploring the bottom and seeing things though long lost ages ago is a thrill in itself! :)

Lake diving is an awesome adventure!

Welcome to the Oklahoma Aquanauts, we have over 400 members scattered around the state, so there is probably some members close to seminole. I know we have several in the Shawnee area, and that isn't too far from Seminole. The Aquanauts has some one diving just about every weekend of the year. Just let us know when and where you want to dive. Plus we have several dive shops in the OKC and Tulsa area that offers members a discount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom