Sooo...I feel kinda stupid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love ya, Jim! :hugs:

Oh, duh! I thought it wasn't in solo diving so I didn't look for it here! :rofl3:
Darned mods! :) (Love you too, TeamCasa)

Yup, they is always having to do around behind us, cleaning up our messes, and extinguishing the fires :D

Welcome to the solo section doug. It's a funny place because there is no one proscribed way to solo but we all tend to get along here anyways (mostly). The only nicer sub forum I've ever discovered is the vintage section but even that can get a little "testy" once in a while.

i find this part of scuba board to be my favorite, i can express my own type of diving that i believe is safe(im not die hard in the water) and designed to keep me happy and not full on paranoid about a buddy because their ignorance.

I was told this by a fellow solo diver and i believe it myself "i shouldnt have to check your air, do people ask you when to sh!t?" a responsible diver only needs to signal to a buddy "i need to go in for a safety stop" or "omg there went a six geel!!!!!!" and some more misc things that im not thinking about right now.

Last edited:
i find this part of scuba board to be my favorite.

Here in the Solo part of the forum, you start your own thread and you are the only one who posts on it.

Hence the term "Solo Diver Forum".

I didn't even realize there was a solo-diving sub-forum. I guess that whole long post I wrote up yesterday was all-for-naught. Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to tell current solo-divers what to do, I was just wanting to give prospective solo-divers some pre solo-diving advice. Had I known there was a whole forum devoted to the subject, I wouldn't have written it.

Well, I'd never dive with you.

You'd never dive with me, either.

THAT'S BECAUSE WE'RE SOLO DIVERS! Ha!

Don't worry about it.

THAT'S BECAUSE WE'RE SOLO DIVERS! Ha!

Don't worry about it.

But one day we may be in the same ocean at the same time.

You gotta watch those absolutes, they're rarely accurate.

I dive solo most of the time. 2 or 3 summers ago I hooked up with a guy on the dive boat, not sure whose idea it was to buddy up but either way we splashed in together.

We got down about 20 feet and my mask started flooding and I couldn't clear it because part of my hood was under the seal and my thick 7mm gloves just weren't giving me enough sensation to fix the problem and the water kept flowing in and my eyes were burning and I was getting a bit anxious because I was in a bit of a current and was trying to hold the line with one hand while trying to resolve the problem with the other.

The guy was right in front of me and reached over and cleared the problem. I recall that something else happened on that dive and he was right there, and I thanked him profusely after the dive. He just shook it off and said "that's what buddies are for".

Back then I had less experience and I was quite glad that this guy was there to help me out, and there are some people that I would enjoy buddying with, because I know they'd have my back and they're at least as experienced as I am; the problem is from my own experiences and from what I've read about the accounts of others, the odds are that an instabuddy, especially on a vacation dive boat, is likely to be more harm than good.

Thanks for the support, I sincerely hope to never dive with each and every one of you! :wink:

Here in the Solo part of the forum, you start your own thread and you are the only one who posts on it.

Hence the term "Solo Diver Forum".

If a tree falls in the woods... Wait wait wait.
If a Solo diver splashes in by :idk:their self, and no one is around to see it... Do they really splash at all?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom