South Florida dive accident.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just saw on the news about a diving accident in south Florida. Does any one have any more info if the man is okay?

My wife's family owned knights key ... this was in the news. Same story I got from my brother-in-law who was on the dock.

MARATHON (CBSMiami) – A woman died Thursday while diving, Monroe County officials said.

The dive took place off of Seven Mile Bridge around 2 p.m. on a private boat.
According to investigators, 36-year-old Melissa Fellows of Miramar was set up to dive for lobster using a hookah apparatus, which is a type of equipment used for diving.
Fellows’ dive buddy told a deputy that the hoses from the rig got wrapped around a piling. As he tried to free it, he said the air shut off and he surfaced. Fellows did not surface until a short time later when she was reportedly face down in the water and not breathing.
CPR was used on the boat by the people on board.
Fellows’ husband, 32-year-old Wayne Fellows was on board the boat.
Fellows was taken to the Sunset Grill on Knights Key.

Nope, neither of those are it. They show video of a senior male wearing a black wetsuit with a wide blue strip down the side being pulled out of the water by onto a boat by emergency responders. That was all I caught of the news before they switched stories today while I was on lunch.

Said he had over 50 years of diving experience if that helps ring any bells.

Nope, neither of those are it. They show video of a senior male wearing a black wetsuit with a wide blue strip down the side being pulled out of the water by onto a boat by emergency responders. That was all I caught of the news before they switched stories today while I was on lunch.

Said he had over 50 years of diving experience if that helps ring any bells.

I could not find anything with a web search. What you can do is go to the web site of the news station you were watching and find the clip. I can go to any of our local news stations here and find any story they covered.

Yeah I'm not having any luck ether right now boulderjohn, even looking on their sites. I'll post it here if I can find it, thanks all.

Diver rescued from water off Government Cut | News - Home

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - A diver was rushed to shore Thursday after being pulled from the water off Government Cut.
The U.S. Coast Guard was notified about a missing diver Thursday morning.
Sky 10 was above the scene as a Miami Beach police boat was speeding to shore with the 85-year-old man.
The diver was taken to South Pointe Park Pier. He was placed on a stretcher and into the back of an ambulance.
Local 10 News has learned the man, identified as Joe Amick, was diving with his son when he surfaced and became separated from the dive boat.
His son reported him missing.

Yup that's it, thank you. I'm glad to know everything was okay

Back
Top Bottom