SP Razor Fin.........well...hmmmm....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crispy

Contributor
Reaction score
I tried out the new SP Razor fin in the pool today. To sum it up, It's not as stiff as the Jet but easier on your ankles and It's not as effortless as the Twin Jet but has a bit more thrust. Perhapse a happy medium.

On the down side, very buoyant, the shop keeper was going to drop them down to us for a try but they floated VERY WELL!! (fresh h2o pool even). Only size avail right now is a L-XL size. The mix of plastic and rubber color/style almost gives it a cheesy glitz/glamour look (for the fashion concience DIR guys:D, black and silver though)

On the plus side, (for me the WYSIWYG, but always working to get better, recreational diver) It has the snap style straps that the Twin Jets have. I find them to be more convienent to use.

Hope this helps anyone interested in a pair.

-Crispy

It is kind of interesting that Scubapro would spend the bucks to develop a new conventional fin at this time. I guess they needed a conventional fin to sell to divers who find the look of the old rubber Jets to be too intimidating.

Has anyone else tried these fins? I'm stuck using Twin Jets on my drysuit at the moment (XL Jets too small, IDI Turtles too big), and these Razors look like they have a similar footpocket to the Twin Jets, which fit on my drysuit boot nicely, along with the blade fin (I miss my Cressi Subs). I'd just converted over to using frogkicks during my diving when I got the drysuit and had to change to the splits.

Do they have the same pin style buckle attachment as Twin Jets / JetFins / Turtles? Hoping I can just move my spring straps over.

After all, what's a fourth pair of fins in the closet :(

Some friends of mine just got back from the bahamas a couple of weeks ago. The shop had a pair of Razor's to demo, so they took them. These guys are all tech divers and I value their opinion very highly.

Every person who used the fins were very dissapointed. You can see their posts at

http://www.dansdiveshop.ca

Go to the message board/ equipment reviews/ razor fins, I love them, I hate them.

Ah crap - after reading those reviews, looks like I'll have to write ScubaPro after all petitioning them to develop a hybrid fin - Twin Jet foot pocket with a Jet Fin blade.

First off, sorry if this has ebeen suggested 3234212345 times before.

Have you tried the IDI Power Fins? Just by looking at them, they seem like they might be slightly bigger than the Jets while not as big as the Turtles...

With size 16 feet, I LOVE my Turtles...snug as a bug in a rug.

...haven't found a pair to try on - asked that question in another thread, and NEW said that the pocket is a little larger than the XL Jets.

But to be honest, Jets and Turtles feel like I'm finning with just my toes - maybe that's because attached drysuit boots aren't as snug as a neoprene sock with a boot over it, and I'm losing some thrust. The Twin Jets pocket seems to give more support.

I'm a size 12.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom