Spares kit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Levigarrett

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm in the process of making the jump from rec to tech. For those of you who've done this, you know all to well that much of your gear will no longer be acceptable for your new dive profiles. As I've been reconfiguring I'm ending up with a reasonable collection of hoses, regulators (split fins, Air2's :D) and a few other odds and ends.

The majority of my diving is done from private boats with friends. With that in mind, I've decided that a few extra regulator hoses, inflator hoses, fin straps and what not might come in useful and I'd like to compile a "spares kit" to keep with me when we're diving. Give me some ideas on what to add and what kind of things you've really wished were available that were not.

Thanks.

Mask, 'O' rings, 1st and 2nd stage, backup gauges [or redundant analog] tools, wrist straps or bungee, inflator, snap swivels...Some of what you bring depends on what kind of diving you'll be doing, ex: xtra lites, bulbs, batteries, reel etc....It's usually some small piece of equipment that is never thought of that goes bad and causes a problem...Always make sure the backups are in good working order, their maintenance tends to be forgotten about.......

If you're going to be bringing that much gear you'll probably have to fit it all into a small Rubbermaid Action Packer or of the likes.
With a box that size you might as well bring actual crescent wrenches since those multi tool ones are a piece of crap by comparison.
Bringing a small tarp to throw over your head would be ideal too in case mother nature feels the need to splash you and your exposed reg on the boat. A hooded kid's raincoat would do that job perfectly.

If you are on a private boat, I recommend that you bring everything, including the kitchen sink. I carry a very large tool box with:

-repair tools of all kinds (real tools)
-cave line
-superglue
-bungee line
-batteries
-dry suit patching material and glue

Also carry spares of:

-regulator
-cylinder valve
-hoses
-SPG
-BC inflator assembly
-O-rings for everything
-dry suit pee-valve parts
-can light parts, o-rings and bulbs
-Goodman handle spare parts, thumb screws, etc.
-back-up light, bulbs and o-rings
-snaps
-bp/w bolts, nuts and washers
-weight belt buckle
-spring heels

Add to Doc Harry's list:

- Tube of Aquaseal
- Tube of Neoprene Glue
- Tube of Silicon Lube
- Leatherman Tool
- Spare C-cell batts (for back-up torches)
- A few more bolt-snaps.
- More #24 Cave Line
- More Bungee Cord
- Duct Tape

And the road(LIST) go on for ever, I got one more silver dollar....
Sorry for the OT on the last part!!:D

....SPG spool with o-rings already installed.

A jump from rec to tec?????????

Never heard so much crap

The gear is the same

The diver is not

"D" cells

Cigarette lighter (for fusing the ends of nylon line) and utility knife or razor blades.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom